Options

How to create Item Tracking Lines automatically?

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Is there any way to create Item tracking lines automatically??
thanks a lot
MCSD
Attain Navision

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I've had a few posts on this. Search the forum and you should find them. You can start in the Reservation Management codeunit.
  • Options
    I need to create Item tracking lines automatically when sales order is created...
    thanks again for your post..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    Look at codeunit 99000830
    The functions you will want to use are CreateReservEntryFor and CreateEntry
  • Options
    I turned on Reserve on every item card to Always.. But after Whse.Shipment is created and Pick is created and registerd, we need to post the shipment, but it says that , Lot No. is required for particular Item. In my case I need to assign lot no automaticaly when Sales order is created.. And I need your help :) How this is possible?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The system does not contain this functionality as standard, so you cannot set it up to achieve this. You need to write a modification to fit your needs, and hence the previous suggestion to search the forum for this request previously as it has been discussed on a number of occassions with different requirements.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    So as I found out, codeunit - Create Reserv. Entry contains a function "CreateWhseItemTrkgLines"..What if I create Item Tracking Lines from Reservation Entry Table? Does it sound like a near to solution stuff?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I've been working on automatic Item tracking for a couple of months now.
    First, no that doesn't sound like a near solution.
    Second, get yourself a nice testing environment
    Third, start to study the reservation entry table, item tracking table, the codeunits, ...
    Map it out, create use cases, learn the flow of the code and then start to automise it.
    And sorry no, I can't give you those.

In short, it is possible, but it takes a while if you don't have the knowledge.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Sog =;

thanks a lot..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I'm just warning you that it is a lot of work to automise item tracking.
    I know it is not the answer you were hoping for, but in my experience it's a lot of work and swearing.
    I hope for both our sakes that somebody will post here saying, hey it's not that hard, you only have to do this and this and it works. Alas I fear that nobody will have that answer.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    use codeunit 99000830. Here is a snippet of code that I used. All you would have to do is pass your own parameters and enter an applicable Lot No. for SomeLotNo. You can also do this for serial numbers.
    CreateReservEntry.CreateReservEntryFor(
      DATABASE::"Sales Line",
      SalesLine."Document Type",
      SalesLine."Document No.",
      '',
      SalesLine."Line No.",
      SalesLine."Qty. per Unit of Measure",
      ABS(SalesLine.Quantity),
      SomeSerialNo,
      SomeLotNo);

CreateReservEntry.CreateEntry(
      SalesLine."No.",
      '',
      SalesLine."Location Code",
      SalesLine.Description,
      0D,
      SalesLine."Shipment Date",
      3);

• Options
    Okay, thanks for your help... And I've made the following: The field on Item Card RESERVE: chnged to ALWAYS for each item, and after sales line is created Items are reserved automatically.. But the problem is, when I open Reservation Entries from Sales order form , there's a line , but Lot No is blank.. In Reservation entry table negative lines appear with no Lot No. When I'm assigning Lot Nos manually, everithing goes well, with shipment posting and etc.. So is that a key to assign Lot Nos manually in Reservation Entry table?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The reservation entry is used for mulitple purposes. One is reservation.
    Second it also stores tracking lines (Lot Serial).
    It is also used by MRP to track all the demand and supply in NAV.

I suggest to use the code provided above otherwise you have to specify what you shipping. The whole point of lot tracking is so that you actually scan what you ship so you know what lot it came from. So when you need to do a recall you can recall the whole lot.

Why are you using lots to begin with if you don't care what you sell?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Becka, you still have to pass the Lot No. you want to use to the function CreateReservEntryFor. Otherwise there will be no Lot No.

But I agree with Rashed. Why do you want to use Lot control if you don't care what you sell? And remember, the Lot No. you use has to have availability; you can't use just any arbitrary Lot No.
  • Options
    In my case, when i reserve Items, It creates positive and negative lines in Reservation Entry. In the case of positive line there's right Lot No assigned, but in negative line Lot No is blank.. All i have to do is assign right Lot No to Negative line. I think it sounds like an easy solution.. what you think guys?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • Options
    I would suggest against it. Reservation is a complicated functionality. Even if you enter the lot, I don't think you will see it in Item Tracking form.
    I recommend against using automatic reservation.

Performance is one reason.
    Bugs in the code.
    You will get tracking errors left and right and won't be able to ship anything.
    Complicated to modify.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    You also never answered why you use lot no. if you don't care what lot Nav uses as outbound.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    I already tested it.. And however it works.. Why do i use lots?.. Yup, I don't know, when i showed up in this company, they told me it's a part of project, so i'm trying to finish my task- To automate Lot assigning process, as easy as it's possible.. Actuely there ain't much time to waste on it, so what i made does works for now.. And I'll see what happens next..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision