Options

Item card problem...adding to Product Line list

triona*triona* Member Posts: 27
Hi folks,

Im new to Navision and having problems with the item table. it seems that the Product Line field for each item has changed and is displaying the wrong data...im trying to figure out how this happened and am stumped. The only thing i can think of is that when we added a new product line to the product line list...the existing product line entries for items got mixed up. Does this make sense and could it have happened? If this is the problem can someone tell me how to add a new line to the Product Line list without causing this to happen again? We have been adding new product lines by going into the properties of the Product Line text box and typing the new product line at the end of the OptionString...is this wrong??
Hope i've explained this properly...im a bit worried about this as im now going through item by item to correct the problem, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

triona*

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    You can ONLY add new options at the end of the string. Maybe you made a new one in the middle of the option string. This would explain this situation.

A handy tip for people who make option trings which could be expaned in the future. Creat some empty options in between. Sample:

Type - Option - Customer,,,,Vendor,,,,Contact,,,,Item,,,,Ect.

The empty options will not show in the option list.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    triona*triona* Member Posts: 27
    thanks for the reply =D> i've finally fixed the problem, looks like the Product Line field options in the actual Item table were different to the Product Line text box options on the Item Card. So i presume in future when adding to the Product Line options list i have to always add to both the Product Line field options on the Item table and the Item card?? Is this correct?

thanks again,

triona*
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    Yes... But...

If you would add options ONLY at the end, nothing should go wrong. Sample:

Sales Header - Document Type - option - Quote,Order,Invoice,Credit Memo,Blanket Order,Return Order

The sales line has the same option. If I would add a option to the "Document Type" in the header this would translate in the lines as a number.

Never the less, you should always keep the option strings the same.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."