Mobile Server Management error

Patrik84Patrik84 Member Posts: 9
edited 2009-04-02 in Dynamics Mobile
Hello!

I am a total beginner at this technology, and I'm now trying to build up a full mobile system.
I want to build up this whole system on a local computer, so I installed the device and a server mobile component,
but now I have a problem with a Mobile Server Management. (I don't use SSL)
I use Windows authentication.

Message error: The underlying provider failed on Open. (So, I don't create Document Types)

Mobile Server Management web.config file:

User: ".\Administrators"

Connection String: "Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=MobileManagement;Data Source= Titan;"
(MobileManagement is a management DB, Logging and Deployment management connect this DB too, but they work.)

I think, IIS works good , I can reach the services from the browser. The mistake may be in the SQL server. (in the authority)

If I use the above settings, what kind of settings do I have to set in the SQL server?

What name, what role should I assign to the database (MobileManagement)?

Or what the mistake may be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• laurentllaurentl Member Posts: 16
    Hello Patrik,

In the web.config, you need to add a line after the ./Administrator like that <add value="Domain\Mobile Users Group"></add>
    That will allow the users belonging to this group to submit request documents.
    Laurent Lopez

Dynamics Mobile Freelancer
    Former Microsoft Developer in the Microsoft Dynamics Mobile team
    Visit my dynamics mobile community site: http://www.dynamicsmobile.net
  • Patrik84Patrik84 Member Posts: 9
    Hello Laurent,

First of all thank you for your kind help! You were right, I looked at my users, and there were big chaos in them. So, I created a new group in the active directory (MobileUsers), and I created a new user. (FPatrik) I gave to FPatrik user administrator rights / permission.

The new user assigned to the new group (MobileUsers). Administrator is also in this group because I log in the Windows as administrator. After that I assigned Management and Staging DB to the group in the SQL Server.

With these settings I tried to run the MMC snap-in, and I used in the web.config file the following "user":

<add value="PATRIK\MobileUsers"></add>

Unfortunately, I got the same error message: "The underlying provider failed on Open".

Several snap-shot:
    MMC error

Active Directory settings:

SQL Server settings:

What the mistake may be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Config:

IIS 6.0
    SQL Server 2005
    Server 2003
    NAV 5.1
  • Peter_ListPeter_List Member Posts: 21
    Hi Patrick,

The management service connects to the database as "Network Service".
    You need to add that user to your database and assign him the "Management Service" role.
    Peter List
    Microsoft Dynamics Mobile Consultant
    http://www.taskletfactory.com
  • laurentllaurentl Member Posts: 16
    Hi Patrik,

I agree with Peter that adding the Network service user should do the trick.
    But I was wondering, where are you hosting the handlers? On Nav or in the mobile server? I thought that the .net handlers were for Nav 2009 (but I am so 100% sure).
    Because if you have your "mobile queue" in Nav, then I don't think that you need the management service...

Laurent
    Laurent Lopez

Dynamics Mobile Freelancer
    Former Microsoft Developer in the Microsoft Dynamics Mobile team
    Visit my dynamics mobile community site: http://www.dynamicsmobile.net