Options

Overriding view/edit functionality in RTC List

AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
edited 2009-03-13 in NAV Three Tier
In the RTC list you can set the CardFormID to determine the 'card' page that is dispalyed when you select view or edit by right-clicking on a list item. I have a strange scenario in a custom modification where the table used for the list view is different from the card view I want to display.

Now I can easily call this from a button on the Action Pane but ideally I would like this to be seamless and allow the user to select view from the right-click menu. Is there any way to but custome code behind this option?

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you answered yourself: change the cardformID property :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    Ah but that won't work - because the card and list are based on seperate tables, it will open the card then throw an error because it can't work out the record reference.
  • Options
    i opened gl account list directly from customer list without problems on my db...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    In my post

http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/11/27/pageup-and-pagedown-in-the-role-tailored-client.aspx

I explain how to override the behavior of Doubleclick in the list and hitting ENTER in the list by creating an action and giving it the shortcut key RETURN.
    Now there is one comment, that this doesn't fly in the spanish version (probably due to translation of RETURN).

You cannot customize the build-in View/Edit behavior, but maybe you could create an action with RETURN and remove the CardFormID (haven't tried that)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    freddy.dk wrote:
    In my post

http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/11/27/pageup-and-pagedown-in-the-role-tailored-client.aspx

I explain how to override the behavior of Doubleclick in the list and hitting ENTER in the list by creating an action and giving it the shortcut key RETURN.
    Now there is one comment, that this doesn't fly in the spanish version (probably due to translation of RETURN).

You cannot customize the build-in View/Edit behavior, but maybe you could create an action with RETURN and remove the CardFormID (haven't tried that)

Cool solution, but i have a question: why changing the order instead of using next(-1)? is there a particular reason?
    and also, a tip to make the page change a little bit faster: close the old page after opening the new one (i don't think there are risks in doing this)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog