Options

How to insert or modify customised table in employee portal?

AbhishekSAIAbhishekSAI Member Posts: 20
edited 2009-03-04 in Navision e-Commerce
Dear All

I am working on EMPLOYEE portal
Please tell me show to insert,modify,save and delete in customised table.
Please send me the sample code.

Thanks to all

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'Navision e-Commerce' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You don't do that through code. You set up the custom table in the EP setup, and then on Sharepoint you set up the right web parts. The functionality of that webpart will then allow you to work with that table. For instance you can hook up a custom master table in EP and put a Card webpart on sharepoint, which will then allow you to create, modify and even delete(I think) records, without writing any custom code.

Now when you are talking about expanding generic EP functionality (there's only a limited number of webparts available out of the box), then you'd have to either develop that yourself, or purchase a 3rd party product. Me I would go for the external product. The company that developed the original EP sells their own, extended, product. Browse around this forum and you'll find lots of references to a number of other ones too.
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Dear DenSter,
    DenSter wrote:
    You don't do that through code. You set up the custom table in the EP setup, and then on Sharepoint you set up the right web parts. The functionality of that webpart will then allow you to work with that table. For instance you can hook up a custom master table in EP and put a Card webpart on sharepoint, which will then allow you to create, modify and even delete(I think) records, without writing any custom code.
    [-X [-X
    You are wrong over here.
    We must do the Code (Customization) in some EP related codeunits to Insert, Read, Modify, Delete the records in custom table.

Microsoft has provided only few tables by default such as Sales Header, Customer, Purchase Header, etc. So, to use other tables other then these in Employee Portal, we must have to do Code Customization in NAV.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com