Form 810 ?

mootsoomootsoo Member Posts: 70
edited 2009-03-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello
Last few weeks i'm trying to understand NAV2009. /i'm new at navision/
I'm trying to use Webservice. I have found many tutorials and experts blog that about how to make and use webservice. But all people says "open the form810" but in my navision there isn't form 810. Where i could find this? :| :-k

I have installed Nav2009 many times. I have download full version from partner source.

And also can anyone explain me what is the form 810? [-o<
bye my work, bye navision

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Try this path

CRONUS International Ltd./Departments/Administration/IT Administration/General/Web Services
  • Tom_CorneliusTom_Cornelius Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 18
    Perhaps you haven't installed the database. Are you able to see any Forms from the Object Designer in Classic Client?
    Tom Cornelius
    Test Lead
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    I think he didn't serach in Object designer

he is searching in RTC only. :!:
  • mootsoomootsoo Member Posts: 70
    No, i'm searching in object designer.
    I have installed full.
    Other objects are included.
    Try this path

CRONUS International Ltd./Departments/Administration/IT Administration/General/Web Services
    Sorry, what is this? is it web link? or ?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    mootsoo wrote:
    Try this path

It is description of "path" in menu of RTC.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    mootsoo wrote:
    Try this path

It is description of "path" in menu of RTC.
    In this path, there isn't any web services. It's empty :?: :?
    Yes, because you need to "Configure" the webservices. This is the "Page 810"... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine
    I found the Form810. :D It's in Cronus database. I have looked in database of 5.0 :oops:
    I tried to upgrade 5.0's database to NAV2009. So that there wasn't.
    But i don't understand that. #-o Why? If when i upgrade my 5.0's database to NAV2009 then there wouldn't be NAV2009's objects?
    Of course, all depends on "how" you upgrade. If only by changing the client, it means technical upgrade, there will be no new standard objects. Only some new virtual tables, but no pages, no new forms, reports etc. To have full NAV 2009, you need to do full upgrade... but this is out of scope of this thread...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    What's mean "out of scope of this thread"?
    (1)If i upgrade 5.0 to NAV2009 then there wouldn't be NAV2009 objects? or (2)If i upgrade right then NAV2009's object will be there?
    If (1) is true then how to insert NAV2009's objects? manually?
    If (2) is true then how? because my upgrading knowledge is too less. And also i want know how to upgrade each object?
    1) Read some documentation from any upgrade toolkit you can download (e.g. for NAV 5.00SP1). There is described how to do upgrade...
    2) Search on the forum for questions about upgrades
    3) You need to make clear if you are just testing the NAV 2009 - than you do not need to do upgrade. Just install the NAV 2009 demo database...
    4) You need upgrading only if you have some custom version you want to transfer to new functionality on new version...
    5) Out of scope - initial question was about one form missing, now you are asking about How to do an upgrade, which is something totally different and I recommend to create new thread for new questions...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello
    After i found my form 810 :roll: , i have trying to do webservice. But i can't see my WSDL file.
    Is that serverports default value is 7046 or 7047? But anyway i couldn't see WSDL file.
    Is the problem can be on page or codeunit that i created in my form810?
    The WebService port is defined in the config of the Service tier, just check it there. If you do not "see" wsdl, may be you are entering wrong URL...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    The WebService port is defined in the config of the Service tier, just check it there. If you do not "see" wsdl, may be you are entering wrong URL...
    Yeah kine, logically your right. If i write right URL then, i must "see" WSDL.
    I'm also trying to do this practice : http://www.packtpub.com/article/extendi ... 2009-part1

You can see that C# code, 1st line. NAV_Codeunit navCU = new NAV_Codeunit
    The error is : Type or namespace NAV_Codeunit could not be found.
    NAV_Codeunit is my webservice name. This codeunit is already included in Webservice, Form810 of NAV2009.
    In C# code NAV_Codeunit is class /i think/
    Added Web reference's name is namespace. Am i right?

PS:When i'm adding web reference, /when typing my URL/ then it says 1 service found.
    Can you post which URL you are entering when adding the web reference?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I had a WSDL. :D
    by this URL http://NAVIWORL-D9976C:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/services.
    - <discovery xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <contractRef ref="http://naviworl-d9976c:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/SystemService" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/scl/" /> 
      </discovery>

I have tried it before in Mozilla FireFox. In IE it works. But there is one question. WHY :?: :?: It's depends on browser?
    And also it not works. I'm trying to WebService practice on .NET C#
    After debugging C# code, then it says Programname.exe file is missing, set the Outputpath and AssemblyName properties appropriately to point at the correct location for the target assembly.
    I don't understand this error. It's mean my Webservice location is wrong? or there is no webservice assembly? ](*,) #-o
    In WSDL, there isn't code of that codeunit object i inserted in Form810.
    1) Have you "published" checkmark on the line with your codeunit?
    2) Try to add any page as webservice and check if you can see it...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    1) Yes, i have checked published
    2) I'm inserting other codeunits, and making page object, and inserting in Form810