Options

Strange issue - Screen Flicker - loss of data entered

jae3240jae3240 Member Posts: 13
We have an issue with 1 user. When they are working in Navision 3.7 and for example entering comments for a customer. They will be typing the comment in, the screen will flicker and the line data they were entering will disappear from the line. It does show the data they were typing in the status bar at the bottom but the actual line data will disappear! ](*,) I have checked the actual table data and it is there - but it disappears from the users data entry screen.

I have tried deleting the .ZUP file, reinstalling the client, network card settings and still no luck resolving the issue.

Has anyone else heard of or had this issue?

Thank you in advance for advice or comments!

John

Comments

• Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    The user may have set a filter for a non-visible field. When he enters a comment the record is inserted and just after that filtered-out.
    Check the filters user has applied.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi John,

As per Roberts Suggestion, this is a common user error :roll: and in my experience I would say that this is DEFINATELY a filtering issue.

Get the user to check what filters are applied on the form by using CTRL+F7. If nothing shows, then I would suspect that its a coded filter.

Dean.
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    craigbarbscraigbarbs Member Posts: 60
    Is the user setup as an "Email Logging User" in relationship management?

This runs on a timer and each time it reaches the timer interval the single instance codeunit does some processing which can cause what you're reporting.