Options

Installation 2009

aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
edited 2009-02-20 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,
I need to install the Navision 2009 RoleTailored Version the steps i am following are mentioned below:

1) i have windows XP with sp2 OS
2) I install all the prerequisite Sql express 2005, etc.
3) I install RoleTailoredClient it install sucessfully.
4) Now when i open the program it shows me the error A server was not found "net.[url=tcp://Localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://Localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]"
Please tell me what shoul i do in order to make RoleTailoredClient to run a i have no idea and the help file .chm is also not working it will be grate help if some1 provide me with the installation guide...

Thanks a Ton....
Aman Kumar Gupta

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to have 3 tiers somewhere - if you want to have all on one PC, you need to use the Demo install or install all three parts separately on one PC. You need to have MS SQL server, NST (NAV Service Tier or NAV Server) and RTC. You installed only RTC yet... Check MSDN for more info how to install NAV 2009.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
    Thanks For reply,

I have Installed SQL Server Express. Then Microsoft Dynamic server 2009 then RTC while connecting 2 RTC it shows the problem "The MS Dynamic server cannot connect the change listener to SQL Server due to error. "Login Failed For user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"
    i grant permission in the database and done all type of security setting plz let me know anything.. related ](*,)
    Aman Kumar Gupta
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is solved? If no, why your post is marked as solved?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    guptavarunmcaguptavarunmca Member Posts: 95
    You have to make a window login in NAV sql .
    The name should be your administrator name.
    With Best Regards:
    VARUN K. GUPTA
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Solved attribute removed by Administrator]