Publishing web services

milindmilind Member Posts: 130
edited 2009-02-16 in NAV Three Tier
I have created the web service for sales ordre table and now I want publish
it on the web.Can anybody tell me the steps to publish on the web.do we need sharepoint
services for it.

Regards
Milind

Comments

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    You can publish it from your web service listener directly by adding an entry to the Web Services table.
    We do NOT recommend that you place the NAV Web Service listener directly accessible from the Internet. We recommend that you build a proxy (either a web services proxy or a web application) that then calls the NAV Web Services.

You can read how to expose web services on the intranet in the documentation or on my blog - but I haven't seen any samples on the latter yet.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi milind,

You can refer NAV Study Material provided in Product DVD of NAV 2009.
    Which contains Chapter 10 for the Web Services. Which will be very useful to you.
    :)
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • milindmilind Member Posts: 130
    Hello Ravi
    Thanks for your reply,I have gone through the product DVD but it is showing use of
    console application and windows application but no details about using Share point services
    Do you have any idea about it.

Regards
    Milind