Options

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:UserID&PWInvalid

SivaMohanYerramsettySivaMohanYerramsetty Member Posts: 26
edited 2009-02-11 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,
I have a problem with Web service. The problem was, after completion of hosting when I am running my web site (this application will just creates a new item, nothing else) through IIS. The movement I try to create an item am facing the following error .

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The user ID and password are invalid. Try again.

So, I need suggestions for this problem.
Shiv

Comments

• Options
    AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    'The user ID and password are invalid.' would suggest the the system account running IIS does not have sufficient privledges to access/update the NAV database.
  • Options
    SivaMohanYerramsettySivaMohanYerramsetty Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for replay,
    Could you please tell me how we can give privileges to IIS for accessing Nav database (or SQL database)? Moreover, I am able to access web service on the same system but I could not access the same from other system (remotely).
    Shiv
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    When connecting to Web Services from your Web Application (I guess this is Asp.net or similar) you can connect using default authentication or a specific user.
    In your case you might want to create a special user in your A/D for this purpose or setup your web application to require A/D authentication (can't remember what that is) and then setup delegation from your web server to the SQL Server. (the latter requires all users to be in your A/D)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.