Differences between CRM and CRM module in NAV

woelkiwoelki Member Posts: 2
edited 2010-01-20 in Dynamics CRM
Hello guys,

I have to summarize all the differences between complete Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the CRM module in Dynamics NAV. I've neither got experiences in CRM or in NAV. So I would be pleased if you could point out some differences or could tell me a source where I can look it up on my own.

Comments

• gotchagotcha Member Posts: 1
    woelki wrote:
    Hello guys,

I have to summarize all the differences between complete Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the CRM module in Dynamics NAV. I've neither got experiences in CRM or in NAV. So I would be pleased if you could point out some differences or could tell me a source where I can look it up on my own.

Hi woelki,

I am facing the same type of dilemma... It would be great if you shared your findings.

Best regards.
    Any given program, when running, is obsolete...
    New systems generate new problems...
    Or, the never ending story!
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate!
  • Neha_MarwahaNeha_Marwaha Member Posts: 31
    Hello

Microsoft CRM and Navision CRM are two completely different products.

But still for the sake of clients questions I summarize some differences between Microsoft CRM and Navision CRM.

Microsoft CRM:-
    -Functional area:Microsoft Dynamics CRM is its own system.

-Database:SQL server 2008 or 2005

-Customization:Customize your Microsoft CRM without the need for code (scenario based).
    Microsoft CRM allows you to make changes to individual views, alter forms and customize user fields.

-Reports:You can effectively measure your business’s performance by integrating your Microsoft CRM with SQL Server Reporting.Dynamic reports can be prepared in MS CRM.

-User Adoption:Broader User Adoption.
    Microsoft promotes its CRM worldwide and it is web based – so it naturally automates your worldwide operations or serves you in your local country.

-User authentication:Ms CRM can integrate your current AD users.

-Client:MS CRM uses a simple web browser or MS outlook as a client.

-Web Enabled:MS CRM is web Enabled i.e. can be hosted on the internet explorer.

Navision CRM:-
    -Functional area:The CRM functional area of Navision is part of the Navision ERP system.

-Database:Native fdb

-Customization:Need of customization (Can be done as per the user requirement).
    Navision CRM allows you to make changes to individual views, alter forms and customize user fields.

-Reports:Navision uses its own Reporting service.

-User Adoption:Very few clients actively using Navision CRM components, due to their
    limitations and non-intuitive workflow.

-User authentication:Navision does not support AD users concept.

-Client:Navision CRM uses a FAT client like C/SIDE.

-Web Enabled:Navision CRM till 5.0 version is not a web enabled product.
    Nav 2009 is released in december,2008 and its web enabled.

Hope above mentioned differences will help you.

Neha Marwaha
  • viralviral Member Posts: 23
    hello

i m working with ERP comparision. i basically evaluate ERP and CRMs for different ERPs. can any one give me detailed features of Microsoft CRM.

thankx

viral
    Viral Rami
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    -Database:Native fdb

-Reports:Navision uses its own Reporting service.

-User Adoption:Very few clients actively using Navision CRM components, due to their
    limitations and non-intuitive workflow.

-User authentication:Navision does not support AD users concept.

The above statements are false.
  • tor4okustor4okus Member Posts: 1
    woelki wrote:
    Hello guys,

Here to you just in case the program for business =) but it so on the future crm the program
    :lol: