Options

FlowField - CalcFormula - Not Equal To Logic

leikelmanleikelman Member Posts: 31
I am trying to create a second FlowField on the Item table which is exactly the same as the Inventory (Field No. 68) field except it will not sum posted returns in the item ledger table.

So the logic would be "Sum everything in the Item Ledger table where the Location Code IS NOT RETURNS). RETURNS is a location we created for returns.

Is there any way of creating this flowfield?

Thank you,

Leo

Comments

• Options
    i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    I will suggest to use flowfilter in the form instead of creating new field.
  • Options
    But is it possible to create a field? Because this column will be used in multiple forms/reports and would be easier if I could just make it a field.
  • Options
    But if for any reason you will decide to rename your locations, or even have one more, than you again modify this field.
    Then it is better to create some function which will calculate what you want and display on your form like in any statistic form (sales or puchase document).
  • Options
    Well the other problem is I don't have the developers license so I can't modify the table functions. Either way, if I add a function, I'll need to modify the function if I decide to add a new "RETURNS" location, so I am still making adjustments somewhere.

What the real question here is, is it possible for me to use "NOT EQUAL TO" logic in the CalcFormula field?
  • Options
    Yes, <>RETURNS, but from my point of view it is not a good solution. You've better ask company which suports you regarding NAV
  • Options
    If I try putting a <> in the CalcFormula then it tells me "An '=' is missing".
  • Options
    ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    What i can think of the situation is:

Create a boolean field in the location table name it "Return Location". Put a check mark on the location which you named 'RETURNS'.

It will not create any problem in calcFormula and will also resolve the issue if you want to change the return location to some other location
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    create a flowfield and flowfilter. Set the location equal to flowfilter in the flowfield. On the form set the flowfilter "<>Return Location"
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n