NAV RTC and VPN

boxerkeboxerke Member Posts: 24
edited 2009-01-28 in NAV Three Tier
Here i am again with a new strange Navision problem.

Hope you guys can help me with thisone.

For some strange reason one of our users who has NAV 2009 client/server installed, needs to make a VPN-connection to our firm before he can access RTC. This is probably network related, but not entirely sure as he didn't had the problem before.

Normally when a user has no network at all and uses his NAV RTC he can still open RTC without any input of netwerkconnections. The user is cached inside the portable/pc so it shouldn't give any problem. But for some reason this user always needs to have a VPN-connection open to our site before he can open his RTC client.

Both SQL instance as Dynamics Service run under the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account.

So i just posted this here cause I wouldn't know where else I could post such an issue. Well i would be glad to receive any help on thisone.

Kind Regards

Comments

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    I have seen a problem once - where a user was told that his password was about to expire and when he ignored that message the cached authentication didn't work anymore. (people probably think I am smoking something now:-))
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.