Options

how can I get a field to show up in another form?

demi222demi222 Member Posts: 131
In Sales and Receivables, if you go to Invoices (form 43) and then the Shipping tab, there is a text field: Shipment Reason.

However, when I post the invoice, the shipment reason does not show up in the Posted Invoices (form 132) section... in fact there is no such field there.

If I add a new field to the Sales Invoices Table and call it Shipment Reason, and then add it to Posted Invoices (form 132), how can I make it get the information from the Invoice form (form 43)?

Please help...[/b]

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

The shipment reason is needed when you ship. The invoice (τιμολόγιο) does not ship, so there is no reason to do anything.

To ship you must make an order, fill the shipping tab and ship from there which creates a posted shipment, with the shipment reason and other fields inherited.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    Fields are transferred from the sales documents to the posted sales document using the transferfields statement. This means fields in the sales documents will be transferred to the posted document if the field nummer, type and length is the same.

Check the help for more info.

Just define the same field in the posted documents, Navision will do the rest.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    demi222demi222 Member Posts: 131
    my customer wants this, even if it is only an invoice...

however, I did figure it out... I added a line of code in the codeunit 80.

Thank :D
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    You need to if you want to transfer values to other fields. If you create a new field, same number, same type and same length I will work without any adjustments....

Well.... see post above ;)
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."