Matrix form

dharshandharshan Member Posts: 37
edited 2009-01-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

i need help regarding matrix from.i am new to navision.could any one tell me in detail.

i am developing a matrix form for storing the employee attendance status i fetched employee details from employee table. and used period form date table and the table below the period should show the status whether he is absent or present.(ie will be entered by user)after entering this it should be saved in the table called employee absecence.i dont know how to store the data and how to give the source exp for the table fellow the period.

table : employee abscence

field datatype
employee code code
date date
status option.

and is it possible to store the option field.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) With which version of NAV you are working?
    2) NAV 2009 RTC is not supporting Matrix tables on the pages...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • dharshandharshan Member Posts: 37
    working in 2009 only..
    can you suggest any other method...
    Instead the matrix box, fixed layout page is used. Just look at standard "matrix" forms how they looks now and how they are converted into Pages.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    thanks...

now i want to enter data in matrix form using classic client..
    as i posted before. i just want to display the record from a table in matrix form. i able to get the period on top of the coloum.. but i dont know to fetch the data from table to that particular date.. i there any coding i need to do..if so wer..

i just tried to copy the standard navision abscence by period form..

could you help me out.. since i am new to navision.. i find difficult in using the matrix form..
    1) Yes, you need to make some code.
    2) Very good step by step guide how to do the matrix box is when you open the on-line help for C/Side and you will look for Matrix Box topic. ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    hi,

i am using date table as matrix heading and i am trying to fetch the data from another table which i decleared in global as record variable..no i need to come the heading date and that temp table and should show the record..

for example:

i m using employee table as source table. date as matrix source table.. and i have one temp table called employee abscence.now i need to check the matrix header date vs date in employee abscence table and show the record to that particular employee..

thanks a lot for helping. =D> .
    Look at the triggers for the Matrix Box. There is trigger OnAfterGetCurrRecord and OnAfterGetRecord. They are working in same way as same triggers on the form, but they are called for each column and row (each cell in the matrix box). During their call you have actual line record in Rec variable and actual column record in CurrForm.Matrix.MatrixRec (Matrix is the name of the Matrix ox control).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.