error when running transformationtool

elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
edited 2009-01-19 in NAV Three Tier
I'm converting our addon from NAV 5.0 SP1 to NAV2009 using the transformationtool.
After filling in the TIF editor I have selected all changed objects in the transformationtool.
With the option 'Create all transformation input' the files TransformPages, IgnorePages, MovePages, DeleteElements and MoveElements are generated.
After this the file 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation' is started.
The transformation is aborted with the following error in the file 'Transformation.txt':

Error: Schema: \IgnorePage.xsd
Error: Form -2: The validation for file:///C:/TransformationTool/IgnorePage.xsd.tmp.xml failed. Detailed Information: LineNumber=2, LinePosition=2
Error: Form -2: Het element IgnorePages in naamruimte urn:schemas-microsoft-com:dynamics:NAV:ApplicationObjects heeft een onvolledige inhoud. Lijst van verwachte mogeiljke elementen: Page in naamruimte urn:schemas-microsoft-com:dynamics:NAV:ApplicationObjects.
Error: Some input file can’t be validated by schema. Please, correct it and rerun tool again
Error: .\IgnorePages.xml is not a well formatted XML document.
Error: Transformation aborted
Error: .\IgnorePages.xml is not a well formatted XML document.
Error: Transformation aborted

In the transformationtool no lines are declared to ignore pages underneath the changed objects. After opening the file IgnorePages.XML the following lines are shown:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="no"?>
<IgnorePages xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:dynamics:NAV:ApplicationObjects"/>

Does anyone know what to do so the transformation will not be aborted.
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    elwin wrote:
    Does anyone know what to do so the transformation will not be aborted.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I faced with the same issue:
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31143

I suppose, the better way is to edit xsd files (see the 3rd post)
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    I have encountered this also.

It seems that the schemas used to validate the transformation input files do not allow for files with no Page elements. This is not likely to be a problem if the transformation input files have been exported from the TIF editor for a large number of forms since there will most likely be Page elements in each of the transformation input files. But if you are creating the transformation input files for only a few forms it is very likely that one of more of the transformation input files will have no page elements.

There is a line in DeletePageElement.xsd, IgnorePage.xsd, and MovePage.xsd that looks like:
    <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="Page">

The MaxOccurs indicator indicates that the number of Page elements is unlimited but the absence of a MinOccurs indicator indicates that there must be at least 1 Page element (the default value for minOccurs is 1). Try changing this line in each of these three XSD files to:
    <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="Page">

This has worked for me.
  • elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
    Thanks for the info.
    It is strange the transformationtool itself does not generate the files ok.