Missing Webservice Methods

TysAGPTysAGP Member Posts: 14
edited 2009-01-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi ya all,

I've been trying to setup a webservice. For that i've followed a pretty simple example which creates a webservice for the customercard.
(https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false Chapter 10)

Now i want to consume that webservice with my visual studio application and it looks like some methods are missing.
I've got the following methods:
Create ( CustomerCard As CustomerCard ) As CustomerCard
CreateMultiple ( CustomerCard As CustomerCard ) As CustomerCard
Delete ( Key As string ) As boolean
IsUpdated ( Key As string ) As boolean
Read ( No As string ) As CustomerCard
ReadMultiple ( filter As CustomerCard_Filter , bookmarkKey As string , setSize As int ) As CustomerCard_List
Update ( CustomerCard As CustomerCard ) As CustomerCard
UpdateMultiple ( CustomerCard As CustomerCard ) As CustomerCard

But i can't find an Insert method! (And in NAV i did check the 'InsertAllowed' checkbox !)

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Tys

Comments

• apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    Look at the Appendix I (now Create, Read, Update, and Delete methods are used, not Insert etc.)
  • TysAGPTysAGP Member Posts: 14
    Don't know why we didn't see that, but thanks for helping me out!
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi all,

I want to access Customer Card to be displayed on the sharePoint site in NAV 2009.
    I found that without using NAV Employee Portal, we can do it uing the Web Services.

So, Can anybody please help me? Please, provide me any Links, Posts or any material to reference for the same.

Thanks in Advance.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    Well - it isn't that simple (like just showing it in Sharepoint) - not yet.

You would have to do some coding in a web form, which basically would do the same as the code I have written in Excel, to allow Excel to modify data from NAV.

You will be able to find that code on my blog - but I haven't made anything in Sharepoint - yet!
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.