Edit in Excel - Nav2009

TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
edited 2008-12-22 in NAV Three Tier
I created a new VPC.
Windows Server 2003 (Server 2008 was dog slow on VPC)
Sql Server 2005
VS2008
Nav2009.

I got the download from Freddy's blog and opened it on the VPC with VS2008.

I created the Web Service records Customer, Vendor, Item from each of their pages.
Updated the webservices.

The first error I ran into when I hit F5 was that it complained that :
Error	1	'NAVTemplate.CustomerRef.Customer_Service' does not implement interface member 'NAVTemplate.INAVService.Delete(string)'	c:\documents and settings\tonyh\desktop\navtemplate_final\navtemplate\navtemplate\web references\customerref\reference.cs	30	26	NAVTemplate

So thats fine I added the method and did a straight exception throw. same for Vendor and Item.

Then however my build gets a load more errors.

Just wondering if anyone else had managed to deploy this?

t

Comments

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    You need to create a partial class implementing these functions.
    If you download the binaries you can see how that is done.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Hey Freddy,

If when you say "If you download the binaries you can see how that is done." you mean download the solution from your blog; thats what I have done.

I am pretty damn sure its something I am doing but a little bit lost as to what it is.

I took the interface and implemented the delete Method to see if it would get me further; I let VS implement the interface in the three X_Service.cs classes.

Then I got the following errors (See attached screenshot)

Any help greatly appreciated.

t
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The pages you exposed as web services in NAV - is that the list or the card pages?
    (It needs to be the card pages)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.