Client must be in the same time zone as the server.

afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
edited 2008-12-17 in NAV Three Tier
I changed the time zone on the computer clock from Pacific time to GMT, and then tried to run a report in NAV 2009 (I went to Start - Run and typed DynamicsNAV:////runreport?report=50000).

I got the following error message, so I had to change back to the original timezone to run the report: "Client must be in the same time zone as the server."

I was running this on a Virtual PC, and the server should also have been on the VPC, so I don't understand why it says that they are in different time zones.
The actual desktop is in timezone GMT.

Do you know how to change timezone and still run a report in MS NAV 2009?
Thanks.
Alastair Farrugia

Answers

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The Service Tier takes it's timezone when you start the service - so after changing the timezone on the VPC you need to restart the service tier.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Thanks Freddy.

I got the list of services from Administrative Tools, found the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server, and restarted it, and then the report worked well.
    Alastair Farrugia