Options

hwo to search a string with wildcard character "?"

sukhvirsukhvir Member Posts: 10
edited 2004-12-06 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

Pls anybody tell me how to search a string with wildcard character "?' in table column which contains all the table names?

thanks

Sukhvir

Comments

• Options
    Sue_Brandt_[MSFT]Sue_Brandt_[MSFT] Member Posts: 2
    Hi Sukhvir,

Can you provide a bit more detail? Which table column are you trying to search in?

Best wishes,
    Sue
  • Options
    Hi Sue,

Thanks for showing interest in this question.For your information table "DatabaseLog" and column name "logTable" is used for the search.

Thanks
    Sukhvir
  • Options
    Sue_Brandt_[MSFT]Sue_Brandt_[MSFT] Member Posts: 2
    Hi Sukhvir,

I'm still not quite sure which table you are searching in. I can see a SysDatabaseLog table, but this doesn't have a logTable column in it. Perhaps you could tell me how you open the table?

In general, to search in a column table (or a field on a form) you need to:
    1. Click on a record within the column (so that your mouse cursor is in the column).
    2. Press Ctrl + F.
    3. Enter a search expression.

You can include one or more ? characters to search for single characters. For example, Sm?th might find Smith and Smyth, and S??th might find Smith, Smyth and Swyth.

You can also use * at the start or end of a search string, use >, < and .. to search for values (e.g. >4000 or 4 .. 10), or type an SQL query between parentheses, such as (datasource.Fieldname != "A").

Best wishes,
    Sue
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for ur reply.Actually I am customizing Axapta form "SysDatabaseLogSetup" which use DatabaseLog" table .I have added one functionality in form column "Name of Table" for finding the name of Table when a user right click on this column. I have already added a funtionality to open System form "SysFormSearch" for finding any table name in column but i am not able to search a table name when a user entered a string with "?". So if u have any idea how to acheive this pls let me know.

If u are not still clear pls let me know by email me at sukhvir.singh@gmail.com

Thanks

Sukhvir