Customized Forms not getting updated in RTC

vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
edited 2008-12-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hai All,

Consider Form 30 - Item Card. I have added a menu item "Item Test" in Menu "Item". But this menu item is not getting displayed in RTC. Iam running the card using the following code :

Dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=30

But my customized menu is not getting diaplyaed. Can anyone tell where i have gone wrong??

Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    you need to customize the page 30. Or use transformation tool to turn the form into page.

I would just modify the Page.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • vipinkuruvillavipinkuruvilla Member Posts: 143
    ara3n wrote:
    you need to customize the page 30. Or use transformation tool to turn the form into page.

Thanks a lot for ur quick reply.......Where can i see the page for Form 30???

Whenever i try to turn the form to page iam getting the following error " You do not have permission to do.....Contact system manager."

Can you please help me out??
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    1. get an updated license from microsoft (in order to be able to develop pages,too)
    2. you can see pages from the object designer, along with codeunit, form, menusuite etc...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    1. get an updated license from microsoft (in order to be able to develop pages,too)
    2. you can see pages from the object designer, along with codeunit, form, menusuite etc...

I have seen pages. I have also transformed a fully customized form using the transformation tool. But when i try to transform an Item card after customization, Iam getting the following error :

"You donot have permission to create Item Card Page. Contact your system administrator to have your permission changed"

What can be the problem like?? Moreover how to make changes in an existing form??

Thanks in advance.....
    :-k
    my thought is that with your method, nav is trying to recreate page no 30...and no one can create an object with this number...did you try to design and modify the page?
    p.s.: i'm going to try on my client
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    :-k
    my thought is that with your method, nav is trying to recreate page no 30...and no one can create an object with this number...did you try to design and modify the page?
    p.s.: i'm going to try on my client

Hey Belias, may be that is happening......Can u tell me where i can find Page no 30 ??

Please do try the same in ur client and let me know the proceedings.....

Awaiting for ur precious reply....

Thanx in advance....
    i just told you that you can find pages in the object designer, and then type "30" in "ID" column...you'll find Item card page... :shock: if you don't have pages, import them from a standard db...also, i've not installed TIF objects yet, so i'll let you know when i do it...but not in the short time...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    i just told you that you can find pages in the object designer, and then type "30" in "ID" column...you'll find Item card page... :shock: if you don't have pages, import them from a standard db...also, i've not installed TIF objects yet, so i'll let you know when i do it...but not in the short time...

Sorry Belias, Iam not getting any other pages in the object designer except the page i just got using transformation tool.

I dont know why that has happend?? Can u just tell me where I can get a standard db so that i could work on the pages ?

It would be very grateful if u could help me out in this
    you'll get them from the product cd of nav 2009
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Moreover how to make changes in an existing form??
    Pages and Forms are two different object types. Making changes in FORM 30 will not change anything in PAGE 30. Technically, there is no link between Form 30 and Page 30. They just happen to have the same number because MSFT transformed them for us. You will not be able to create Page 30 from scratch, because that is in the protected number range. With the right license though you will be able to modify it.
    Belias wrote:
    you'll get them from the product cd of nav 2009

Hmm.....I had restored a db from the product cd but i couldn't get any pages in the page designer. My page designer was blank the first time. After I transformed a customized form I could get the page of the same.

Belias can u help me in this too :

After transforming a customized form to pages,which is happening perfectly, i try to run the same in RTC. Here Iam getting the following error

" The Object Metadata could not be found. Identification fields and values : Object Type - page, Object ID = 50000"

Can u please help me in this too....... Meanwhile i will check my product cd to find any other db back so that i can restore the same.

Thanks in advance....
    r u using fdb or sql executable file?use sql option...i remember a similar problem i had on marketing beta release...refresh your license from ms if you haven't alreay done it...

about
    " The Object Metadata could not be found. Identification fields and values : Object Type - page, Object ID = 50000"
    i don't know...try with google...but...does page 50000 exists in your db?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    One thing you could try is to select Database Alter and then uncheck the "Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" in the Options tab. Press OK. re-open the Alter Database dialog again and check the option and press OK.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
    freddy.dk wrote:
    One thing you could try is to select Database Alter and then uncheck the "Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" in the Options tab. Press OK. re-open the Alter Database dialog again and check the option and press OK.

Sorry Freddy I didn't get you.........
    ara3n wrote:

Hai ,

Can u tell me how I can make changes in the page 30 ? My requirement is I have to add a menu item,lets say Test in Item menu....How and where i should make changes so that this gets applied in RTC??

Thanks in advance.......
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    My requirement is I have to add a menu item,lets say Test in Item menu....How and where i should make changes so that this gets applied in RTC??
    Open page 30 in design mode (from the Classic SQL Client), scroll down all the way to the first empty line in the page designer, click View, Actions. This will open the actions menu, and you should find the Item submenu there. You will need to figure out what the different values mean and go from there.

One of the best resources to figure this out is the new application designer guide, which is now integrated into the help system. You will find a lot of tutorials that explain these things in detail, with lots of examples.

<edit>oh and the page is available in the RTC right away, without having to restart it. Just refresh the Customer Card page after you save it and you should see the new menu item right away.</edit>