Options

Issue with Request form on dataport

tguptatgupta Member Posts: 86
Hi Guys ,
I am stuck on a very simple problem
I have made a request form on dataport .Now when u make request form the default option of import filename does not come .So for that i took a text variable of filename and i am writing this code on the the OnPreDataport but still it does not show the lookup for selecting the file.Plss guide where i am getting wrong .

Dataport - OnPreDataport()

CurrDataport.FILENAME(ImportFile);
CurrDataport.IMPORT(TRUE);

Cheers ,
Tarun

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    I think you'll find the answer here:

http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=4&Type=howto
  • Options
    tguptatgupta Member Posts: 86
    Hi Fb,
    Thanx a lot it worked but still wondering why it works with ID 1 . Whats the logic behind .I think something related with OCX

Cheers,
    Tarun
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There's no logic, that was just the ID of the control when Navision created the standard request form.
  • Options
    Joe_LittleJoe_Little Member Posts: 45
    This goes back to Avista. In Avista (the Navision character product - which by the way may have been the finest character product ever put together by anybody, says I) the control id was set in increments of 1.

So the rule was that if the first thing that you put on the request panel was the filename, you'd get the special functionality of the browser. These days, it's probably written down somewhere, but for most folks, it's just tribal knowledge.