Options

AltSearchField in the Role Tailored Client

BubblemanBubbleman Member Posts: 10
edited 2009-05-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi together,

is it right that in the Role Tailored Client there is no functionality to use for example the Customer Name instead ob the ID in the Sales Order Card, so that the Client automatically finds the right Customer? Can´t we use the AltSearchField?

I hope that is only a bug, not a Feature.

Thanks for your help
King Regards
Christian Maaß

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    :-k the same question i have since the first Beta version was available.
    Is this in the actual version still so?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    I'm afraid so. And for me is that the Reasen why I can´t use the role tailored client!

I hope Microsoft fix this "feature" soon. What is the best way to let Microsoft know some ideas for improvement?
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    create a question on partnersource.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    there is a possibility. You can enter the screen with a certain key (don't know which, saw a colleague do it) and from there with the arrows to the right and left change the field to search in, which is a very nice feature!
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    In NAV 2009 the lookup functionality is filter as you type and the default filter column is the ID.
    It is however possible to change the filter column by (when you are typing) to press arrow down (put focus into the lookup window) and then press arrow right or left to change the selected column (column title is bold).
    The selected column is remembered next time you search this field - only problem with this is that you need to remember what you have set these columns to.

We are investigating how we can make this better.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Super! Thanks for this information. This is very helpful! I there a way to let the Client ignore Upper- and lowercase by searching for example for a customer name?`

Thank you =D>
  • Options
    But how can I choose that NAV ignores upper- and lowercase letters? Does it anyone know? Thx
  • Options
    Lookups are case insensitive.
    Quick filter (top right side of list places) are also case insensitive.
    Filters (expand the filter pane) are not - they are case sensitive and you will have to write @the can* in order to make that search case insensitive.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    ultiboyultiboy Member Posts: 14
    Hi Freddy.
    Is there a way to modify the columns that the user can filter on?
    Thanks in advance.
    Seb
  • Options
    I think we block fields, which are not part of a key from being filtered on - meaning that the immediate answer to you question would be to add the field to a key or create a key.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

• Options
    ultiboyultiboy Member Posts: 14
    Thanks.