Options

Error 1190 in Module 19

mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
Greetings,

some of our databases have developed this error. I looked in the forum, and found some code which goes through fieldrefs, and changes CODE type fields to uppercase, and changes Booleans aswell. I ran it, and it fixed few of databases, but others (namely Latvian database..) still have the problem - G/L Account table, "No." key. Are there any other fixes I could try? The server isn't SQL, it's native db. Perhaps the problem is that No. field has Latvian national chars? =/

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    One reason is, that there is an empty space after the word in a code-filed; e.g. instead of 'ENTER' there might be 'ENTER '.
  • Options
    Joe_LittleJoe_Little Member Posts: 45
    Usually what I do in this situation is to back up the database, export the contents of the offending table(s), delete the contents, and reimport them using the same dataport. This will generally solve the problem. Do yourself a favor and do it in a copy of the database.

Make super sure that you don't leave any fields out of the export, they'll end up blank on you when you are done.

Another, faster, method that is sometimes successful is to duplicate the table (file, save as) to an unused number. Then write a report to transfer the fields table to and from the new table.
  • Options
    mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    well that's the problem, the backup also produces same error.. and it would take ages to export/import data, not to mention the risks associated with it..

oh, and i also remove spaces from start/end of code fields.. :(
  • Options
    Joe_LittleJoe_Little Member Posts: 45
    Yes, I forgot about that little bit of charm. This often accompanies this type of error. It sounds like you have your answer.

A couple of tidbits though. You only need to export/import the affected tables. Creating an automatic generator for dataports makes this easy and is generally worth the investment in time at some point along the road.

For now, you might want to test the tables using file, database, tables, check. The affected table(s) should puke on you. The point here is that you may decide to solve this differently if you have damaged data in 10 tables rather than in one table and here you can run the database check by table.
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    check for other strange chars...
    try to switch to different languges... there can be specific chars that are allowed in CODE in one language, but not in other.

if you need an export of any table, you could use
    Export Navision Table Data Pro
    or a Dataport generator.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯