Dynamics Nav 2009 RTM download on Mibuso

coommarkcoommark Member Posts: 17
edited 2008-12-02 in NAV Three Tier
When will Nav 2009 RTM client be available for download on Mibuso? Thanks for uploading the Classic Client for download. But is the RTM client a separate download? If so, please someone help us upload it here for download.

Some of us have problem with downloading it from Live. And i still havent had time checking out how to make Live work on Windows XP.

Pls bear with the newbies such as me. We need some handholding. Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Problem is, that if you want RTC, it means you need whole install DVD... and it means over 1GB of zipped content...

or is there another reason, Luc? 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Wow... I can only imagine that this wouldn't be good for the mibuso bandwidth.
  • coommarkcoommark Member Posts: 17
    Oh ok i get it. thanks for the reply. I will wait for when it will be available in my country. :D
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    At Convergence when manning the NAV booths, the number one question asked by customers was "Where can I get a copy of the NAV 2009 DVD", not download, but the actual DVD.

I think for a lot of clients that want to try it out, downloading is not really an option. So I do hope that there is going to be a simple way for Customers to get a DVD.
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    MS Indian is launching NAV 2009 tomorrow 26th Nov. in New Delhi India. Will look if I can get the DVD :mrgreen:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    MS Indian is launching NAV 2009 tomorrow 26th Nov. in New Delhi India. Will look if I can get the DVD :mrgreen:

I already have the Indian version downloaded. I was going to install it over the weekend, but I had enough fun getting US to work, so i am going to try a new computer this weekend and get them all working.
    David Singleton
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Due to popular request, the NAV W1 2009 ProductDVD is available for download: Microsoft Dynamics NAV W1 2009 (Product DVD)

We will see if the server can handle the load. If not, the download will be removed.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    At Convergence when manning the NAV booths, the number one question asked by customers was "Where can I get a copy of the NAV 2009 DVD", not download, but the actual DVD.

I think for a lot of clients that want to try it out, downloading is not really an option. So I do hope that there is going to be a simple way for Customers to get a DVD.
    RTM means "Release To Manufacturing", which means that this is the version that will be put onto the actual product CD. It also means that the DVD's are being manufactured as we speak, and will be available shortly. Microsoft gives us the option to download the software before the DVD's are actually available, so instead of complaining about not having the DVD's available, I would say we should be happy that we get to use the product before it is physically available.

When they are available it will probably be something that a NAV partner can order for their customers, wlthough in the past Microsoft has also simply sent the new product to all customers that are current on their enhancement plan.
    DenSter wrote:
    so instead of complaining about not having the DVD's available,

Company is trying to decide to buy a new ERP system, or maybe deciding if they need to upgrade, or maybe not sure if they should move from NAV to AX.

Company decides (very wisely) to spend some money and invest some time to go to convergence to get a first hand impression of what is out there.

Person from the company goes to a session and sees that NAV 2009 is released.

Person wants to try out NAV 2009 and kick the tires.

OK, now YOU go and explain to that person what RTM means and why they should stop complaining that the product is not really available unless they already have a partner.

Do keep in mind that Convergence is a CUSTOMER event, not a partner event, so the target audience there DO NOT have access to partner source.

Luc, talk to MS, I think they should pay for your hosting and bandwidth for a month :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • netabacusnetabacus Member Posts: 1
    Convergence is actually a partner and a customer conference. That's the reason why we have a partner day. But, more importantly, Microsoft doesn't (or shouldn't) message to customers RTM dates, just GA dates. For example, Jan and I talked about December 1 as General Availability in our general session for customers.

Now, ideally, we would have had DVDs cut by Convergence. But the dates were simply too close to actually do this. "Golden" bits were uploaded the Friday beforehand (contrary to what we dramatized in the partner general session :wink: ).

-Dan

Hey don't shoot the messenger, I am just repeating what customers were asking. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
    OK, now YOU go and explain to that person what RTM means and why they should stop complaining that the product is not really available unless they already have a partner.
    So what you're really saying there is that companies should be able to buy NAV without a partner?

The model is that potential customers find a partner first, and then they go through the vetting process. If I were a partner, and a potential customer would ask me for a product CD to kick around, I would be happy to download it for them and put it on a CD. I think it is very reasonable that RTM product is not available for the general public, because the model has sales of Dynamics products go through a partner. Heck, even if the product WERE available on a physical CD, they would still have to order it through a partner. No matter how you get the product, you always have to go through a partner. So it's down to finding a partner that is willing to download the product and burn it on a disck for you.

It's just the way that the model works. I don't have any control over how it works, so all I can do is explain it.
    DenSter wrote:
    So what you're really saying there is that companies should be able to buy NAV without a partner?

:shock: huh?
    David Singleton
  • skwasskwas Member Posts: 1
    Hi, has anyone any idea when Nav 2009 will be available through MSDN subscriber downloads? I've seen the download link above here, so I will give that a try, but I usually pick up my downloads from MSDN itself. We (my company) have no partner membership (yet), so the subscriber downloads are usually our only direct source.

Thanks in advance :)
  • Gerry_MGerry_M Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Can this be downloaded to a home computer and does the license provided allow for development work?

Thanks to anyone who can answer
    Gerry_M wrote:
    Hi. Can this be downloaded to a home computer and does the license provided allow for development work?

Thanks to anyone who can answer

a/ yes
    b/ No
    David Singleton
    My first reply was to this:
    So then I explained what RTM means, and added (not about you but about anyone who complains about not having the DVD yet):
    DenSter wrote:
    Microsoft gives us the option to download the software before the DVD's are actually available, so instead of complaining about not having the DVD's available, I would say we should be happy that we get to use the product before it is physically available.
    By this I mean: Microsoft gives us the opportunity to use the product BEFORE it is actually enerally available, so we should be happy about it, not complain. I don't understand why anyone would complain about this. So it's not yet available on a disk, get a partner to burn you a copy, and make a big production about it "here you go potential customer, NAV 2009 BEFORE IT HITS THE STREET!!!!" They're going to need a partner at some point anyway, so I see that as a very good opportunity for a company to look around for a partner they like.

So then you say
    Person wants to try out NAV 2009 and kick the tires.

Companies must involve a NAV partner to get their hands on NAV, that is simply the way that the model works. So when you said that this was difficult to explain, I thought what you meant was that customers should be able to get their hands on NAV without any partner involvement, so then I said:
    DenSter wrote:
    :shock: huh?
    Nah, clear as mud I should think :mrgreen:
    netabacus wrote:
    Convergence is actually a partner and a customer conference. That's the reason why we have a partner day. But, more importantly, Microsoft doesn't (or shouldn't) message to customers RTM dates, just GA dates. For example, Jan and I talked about December 1 as General Availability in our general session for customers.

Now, ideally, we would have had DVDs cut by Convergence. But the dates were simply too close to actually do this. "Golden" bits were uploaded the Friday beforehand (contrary to what we dramatized in the partner general session :wink: ).

-Dan
    Well, SQL Server was announced before GA, but we got the product on a DVD at the launch event. All MSFT launch events I've been to there was at least a CTP on my chair during the keynote, or a license key with a download URL, and I was very surprised to hear that nothing related to NAV2009 was available for Convergence attendees. Would it be a good idea to have a couple of college students burn RTM onto DVD's and send those to all Convergence attendees? I can imagine a lot of them were disappointed not to get any handouts.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Here is the chart displaying the bandwidth over the past months. Guess we have a new record here. Mind you, the download was only available since 25/11. #-o
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Here is the chart displaying the bandwidth over the past months. Guess we have a new record here. Mind you, the download was only available since 25/11. #-o

500Gig in a week :shock:
    David Singleton