User to login DEMO NAV2009 SQL Client

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
edited 2008-11-30 in NAV Three Tier
I've just installed NAV 2009 from the downloaded product DVD (from Mibuso: Thanks guys!). You have to remove the earlier NAV 5.0 + SQL... first. I've installed according to the first option (DEMO) on my own PC (Vista).

So, now I can use the Role tailored client of a sales person and I can login to the Classic Client (NAV database), but not into the Classic Client to (let's say) make a backup. So, maybe someone can help me to inform me which login/password to use for the SQL Client to have most rights?

And also: is there a brief description how to startup another role in the Role tailored client? I did not get a loginscreen, so don't know how to change to another role...

Thanks!

Hans

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The user under which the NAV was installed have SUPER role by default. If you are using Vista and you selected another user when UAC popup during installation, you need to login under this account.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    To startup the Role Tailored Client with a different role you can:

1. Change the global default role in the Profile table
    2. Change your default role in the User Personalization table
    3. Startup with -profile:Bookkeeper (or whatever) on the commandline

Note that if the profile contains spaces you need:

-profile:"Order Processor"
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    edited 2008-12-02
    kine wrote:
    The user under which the NAV was installed have SUPER role by default. If you are using Vista and you selected another user when UAC popup during installation, you need to login under this account.

I'm a bit ashamed to confess that I was logging in as database user, so that was the reason I could not get in... It works fine as a windows user. :oops: Thanks, Kine
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    freddy.dk wrote:
    To startup the Role Tailored Client with a different role you can:

1. Change the global default role in the Profile table
    2. Change your default role in the User Personalization table
    3. Startup with -profile:Bookkeeper (or whatever) on the commandline

Note that if the profile contains spaces you need:

-profile:"Order Processor"

Thanks, Freddy. This was exactly what I needed.