License update for customers for 2009

genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
edited 2008-11-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello

I asked a coworker to get updated license for one of our customer, and he told me that licenses won't be available till febuarary. Is this correct? Clients can't use the software for another 2-3 months?

Comments

• p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    that depends on the country you are in. NL will be available on 1 december 2008. Keep in mind you need an extra module for a customer to be able to use the new RTC.
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    This is NA version.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    NAV2009 has not been officially released by MSFT yet, so you cannot update your license. Only partners can get their license updated for NAV2009.
    What is interesting is that the I can use the classic client with their license so it looks like in order to use the classic client, no license is needed, if you are doing exe upgrade only.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    NAV2009 has not been officially released by MSFT yet, so you cannot update your license. Only partners can get their license updated for NAV2009.

In other words it's a paper launch?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, last week in Copenhagen it was RTM - released to manufacturing. It was "Launch for Partners" (available for Partners). Public availability date is 1.12.2008.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Christian_AbelnChristian_Abeln Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 42
    Please expect information on the upgrade of licenses soon be available. Watch out for the Partner Newsletter, Partner Source, the Infoweb Launch Portal.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Christian Abeln
    Program Manager Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV

blogs.msdn.com/cabeln/
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    generic wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

In other words it's a paper launch?

No, it's not a paper launch. Do not confuse between partners and end users. Ususally the partner will get their hands on new releases first so they can be ready for the flood of questions the end users will have when they get it.

It's released to the partners, but not to the general public. Your partner will notify you as soon as it's released, which is expected to be late Q4.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    We are running internally with both Classic and Role tailored clients. The person who set it up had to quite a bit of work to make it work in a production environment and there were some issues with running users who did not have super rights. By the time this is available for end-users, I hope they will have step by step documentation.