Options

Renaming a company in Navision SQL

SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
Hi Folks,

I am trying to rename a company in Navision using SQL and i get a error message saying 'Microsoft SQL ODBC driver not installed', i have installed the ODBC driver. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
SB.

Comments

• Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hello SB,

Are you trying to rename a DB or a Company?

The Company to be renamed (outside Navision), you must change the data in the Company table and the names of the tables of that company. It is not that simple...

How are you trying to do it?

The ODBC error you get might means that you need to install MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) from the Navision Installation CD.
  • Options
    emkproemkpro Member Posts: 47
    You can always backup the SQL database return it to FDB and rename then reBackup lastly restore to SQL, well It is not a good soliton but if you're hopeless...
    //EMK\\
  • Options
    lalailalai Member Posts: 9
    Actually the FDB suggestion is the best way to do the renaming.

SQL Server stores the Navision tables with the syntax [Company Name]$[Navision Table Name]. This means that a rename will cause the SQL Server to create new tables, transfer all data and drop the old ones. This will take an enormously amount of time if your database is anything else than CRONUS.

So creating a backup, restoring is as an FDB, renaming, backing up and restoring on the SQL Server is the fastest way to do it - even if it doesn't sound so :-)