Options

Using DLLs?

Jem_AhmetJem_Ahmet Member Posts: 27
edited 2000-01-27 in Navision Financials
Is there way to use functions from DLLs, from C/SIDE?
w/o writing OCX accesing them.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I want to ask a related question: I programmed an OCX in VB6. Is it possible to convert this into a DLL-file, that can be used by Navision?

A Navision customer can only run an OCX when this granule is added to their license-file. For automation (which uses DLL's), there is no extra granule needed.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Soren_NielsenSoren_Nielsen Member Posts: 2
    As i wrote on www.navision.net then you only need the OCX granule to do the design - when the object is compiled you can use without the OCX granule in the customers license file.

Soren Nielsen www.navtilus.dk
  • Options
    jkissjkiss Member Posts: 9
    Yes, you can call .dll's from c/side. I wrote a simple active X component in VB6, compiled it as .dll and it works!
    You must register the dll like other ocx component.
  • Options
    Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
    jkiss :

As far as I know Navision you can only uses OCXes not DLLs.

Can you double check and confirm if you're really registering a
    DLL.

What your DLL does ?

Have you tried to register any other DLLs than the one you've
    written in VB ?

Each time I try to register a DLL from the Custom Control
    feature in NF, the client crashes on me
  • Options
    Steve_PostSteve_Post Member Posts: 3
    i have created several active server dll's in VB6 and accessed them from navision using automation
    I have not registered them through Navision but must register them in windows as with any dll. The dlls can launch forms and everything. They work great. You can in VB even create an object model so they show up in the automation object variable just like word's object model with properties and methods It's way cool. The only sad part is there's not a way to get an event back from the automation. Navision has to sit there in a loop if you want to get information back from your dll.
    I found registering the dll more complex in windows and keeping versions straight more difficult than creating the dll or using it in navision. I have created dll's that encapsulate the common dialog and check for the proper navision license file.
    Good Luck
    Steve Post
    Aston IT Indiana
    Indianapolis IN USA