Options

How can you...

WishmanWishman Member Posts: 36
Hi all,

I have some questions. Any help will be appreciated!!

1)How can you call a report in the middle of a transaction?

2)I want to import data 1000 from a file, my internal variable type is integer. If textmode(true), how many bytes does it takes place? And what if textmode(false), how many bytes does it takes place? and why?

3)What kind of tables include one to one relationship?And how can I name the table?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    1) In the system error message file, you can find the following:
    fin.etx wrote:
    Report.RunModal() is allowed in write transactions only if 'RequestForm = FALSE'. For example, 'Report.RunModal(...,FALSE)' is allowed.
    2) The File.READ topic in the C/SIDE Online Reference contains the following:
    If TEXTMODE (File) is set to TRUE, the system reads a line of text from the file, evaluates it and sets the variable equal to the result.

If TEXTMODE is set to FALSE, the system determines the number of bytes to read based on the size of the variable.
    So, when TEXTMODE is TRUE, a read from the file will read all characters from the current file position until the next carriage return/linefeed. The system will then attempt to evaluate the text string (see the EVALUATE function) into your integer variable. This could result in an error if the text contains non-integer data.

When TEXTMODE is FALSE, the read will read the next 4 bytes from the file (a C/AL Integer is 32 bits), and store them directly into the integer variable.

3) I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your third question. Can you provide a little more detail?
  • Options
    WishmanWishman Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the answers, you mean when textmode is true, it is then 8 bytes. 1000 is 4 bytes and 1 byte is added when it is text, and is rounded to 8 bytes. True?

And for the other question, for example;
    The Item Vendor table is subsidiary table, there is 1(Vendor) to n(Item) relation. My question is if there is one to one relation?? What is the table type, and how can you name the table?