Options

Performance problem

xavigepexavigepe Member Posts: 185
edited 2008-06-05 in SQL Performance
Hi. I'm working with version 4.0 SP3 with SQL Server database. Sometimesn, I found in some clients very slow performance. When this happens nobody is doing any special process in the database as we are just beginnig the user trainning and the rest of users are not working with Navision yet. Checking Database information -> Sessions I find the column "Physical I/O" with very high levels in the client which has slow performance and with this client not doing anything special. Could anybody tell me how I can handle this or where could I found information about it?.

Thanks so much,

Comments

• Options
    vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Firstly click on Tools->client monitor.then start doing ur processing whatever u wants after this again go on Tools->Client monitor there u'll find all things that hwere processing is slow.
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    This might be the SQL2005 issue where it picks the wrong index.

There is a whitepaper about this at

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=896

Good luck!
  • Options
    hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    If the slow performance occurs once a while and during the slow period, SQL Server takes up a lot of resources, one of the possible reason is SQL Server is doing Page Split. When Page Split occurs, data is physically moved around to make the B-Tree balanced. Page Split that happens at the top portion of the B-tree node in SQL Server can create substantial amount of overhead.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL Performance forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!