Options

SQL Permission - Can not import objects

Sapphire123Sapphire123 Member Posts: 112
edited 2008-05-26 in SQL General
Hi All,

I have a user thats trying to import two modified objects - Vendor Table and Vendor Card Form - to their SQL 4.0 DB. This user has SUPER role & using windows login - but, gets the following permission issue/error when trying to import fob file:

"The following error message occured while accessing the Vendor Table.
1088."42000"[Micorsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot find the object "Personnel Connection, Inc_$Vendor" because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

SQL: Alter table "database.dbo" Personnel Connection Inc_$Vendor DROP CONTRAINT "Personnel Connection, Inc_$Vendor0"

Unfortunately, I dont know much about SQL... please let me know how do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-09-11
    he must have special permission on the server.

for example db_owner (if he is the user which often imports objects) or sysadmin
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    I am pretty sure this is becasue statisitcs exist on the vendor table for a field you are dropping. In SQL Management Studio go to the table, statistics and see what is listed there. You only need statisitcs on your index's. One of those statistics in there is causing you the problem.

I just upgrade to 5.0 and I had to drop statistics on the entire database to do the upgrade. When I was done I re-created statistics for all of the index's.

Anyway, I had a similar error that you referenced in your post.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!