Options

Network requirements NF 2.6 and Attain

NotmanNotman Member Posts: 6
Hello,

I have 2 questions and I hope someone can help me with the answer.

I am looking for a document where the network system requirements for 2.6x are explained for SQL use. A customer has a 10 MB network infrastructure and we must "prove" that they must invest to upgrade the environment to at least 100 MB network. Does someone know where I can find this kind of information?

Can someone explain me the differences between a native database and a SQL database? What kind of activities does navision doo in the network and is there a Benchmark?
Sincerly,

Nabil

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Search MBS Partner or Customer Source for this article....

http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/

Suggested Hardware Guide for Navision Attain Client and Navision Attain Client for SQL

(858195)

or just type "Hardware" in the search window for all the info you need
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Navision DB vs. SQL is there too... search for it...

in main> native is optimalised, optimistic locking DB.
    SQL must calculate SIFT fields in separate tables, is locking records and there are many deadlocks on this in CRONUS (non-customized) DB - in version 3.70+HF11. Native support only 1 CPU, have no auto-backup possibility (only hot-copy), cannot using transaction log, but when someone is locked, there message about it. On SQL you can use more CPUs, but if there is lock, there is no message, client freeze for the time of the lock, etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.