Options

There is a method of restore only one table?

SLAHSLAH Member Posts: 21
edited 2008-04-01 in SQL General
I use NAV4 SP3 with SQL2005 64bits ,with a mistake of manipulation I drop the totality of records on the table 'Purch. Cr. Memo Line',
Please I'am in a big problem because I cant restore my total DB it takes long time(100GB) and this affect the activitie of the company.
So I look for a quik solution ,please it's very urgent!!!

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    It is not possible to directly restore a single table.

To Restore:

Restore your backup to another database (hopefully you have room) and copy the data for the table.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    http://www.quest.com/litespeed-for-sql-server/

They have the option to restore a single table, I read somewhere...
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    ajhvdb wrote:
    http://www.quest.com/litespeed-for-sql-server/

They have the option to restore a single table, I read somewhere...

If so, I would suspect it is only provided the backup was made with their software. (just a guess.. :wink: )
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    Restore a back-up of the entire database to another DB. Then insert all the records from the table in the back-up DB to the production DB via TSQL. Then drop the back-up copy the of the database. That is the only other option I know of besides "Page Level" restores but I personally would never attempt a page level restore. :-)
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    With the backup and your log files you can restore to another database with all the data just prior to your unintended delete, then copy the rows over to your production database.
  • Options
    SLAHSLAH Member Posts: 21
    Thanks to ALL and specialy to bbrown and ajhvdb for their advice about the SQL tool,I'am trying to use LiteSpeed to do a bakup and restore of a part of my DB ,it's very good to explore tools like this.