Options

Linefeeds after creating XML with DOM parser

AleksasAleksas Member Posts: 9
edited 2004-08-05 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I'm tryin' to solve one problem which bothers me. I'm working with Navision Financials 2.60, and I have to build reports in xml format for Lithuanias customs.
Lithuanias custom have provided specific directions for xml document creation and it seems that MSXML4.0 DOM parser just doesn't create documents of suitable form, cause several reports already have been rejected. It seems that everything is "in one line" without any LF or CR symbols. It looks suspicious of course, cause according to W3C specification, every element has to be closed with <LF> symbol.. But when I look through the xml code in hexadecimal view, I can't find any #0A symbols (which LF stands for). Through all document which is for example 1Mb of size, there's only three #0A symbols.. I'm desperate, I tried everything and cant make DOM insert that LF symbol in the end of each element. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Comments

• Options
    tyrrestruptyrrestrup Member Posts: 10
    Try using MSXML 3.0 instead of 4.0. I have heard several say, that they have problems with 4.0
  • Options
    SkeeveSkeeve Member Posts: 33
    Actually, CR's and LF's are not defined in XML - so it is correct if it is in just one line - I once had the same problem but after checking the XML definitions, the trading partner changed the code on his side to support XML in one line (the correct way).