Options

Automated-Tests with Testsuites

BeniHochBeniHoch Member Posts: 15
Hi,
has anybody any experience with Testsuites like CompuWare QA Director. Which other Programs are available for Navision?

Comments

• Options
    HuysmansHuysmans Member Posts: 13
    If your interested in quality free-ware you might want to take a good look at AutoIt (www.hiddensoft.com). This tool could be usefull. It is a general purpose scripting language with excellent documentation and support.

I am in no way related to the authors. Just a happy user.
  • Options
    BeniHochBeniHoch Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for your hint - the programm seems to be very interesting. I have only one problem: The Navision Controls aren't recognised als controls. Do you have any Solution for this problem?
  • Options
    HuysmansHuysmans Member Posts: 13
    You are right. I've managed to deal with this using one of the following:
      * use function-keys whenever possible * use alt combinations to activate buttons/menu-options/controls * use sequence like ctrl-home, home to go to first position on multi-record pane * use tab (or shift-tab) to move between fields * use ctrl-page_down (page_up) to move between tab-style forms
    Further way to minimize your programming efforts (each time the userinterface changes) is to create one function per form/report taking care of specific data entry. Create an overal script which initiates the Navision session, manouvers between the seperate forms/reports and calls the specific functions for data-entry.

Note users can rearrange their own display format. This can cause some nasty surprices. Like key-field not being first field on screen etc. You can work around this by using standardized zup files when using AutoIt.[/list]