Options

SQL Server Security

aniruddha_majumdaraniruddha_majumdar Member Posts: 57
edited 2008-01-31 in SQL General
Hi ,

I have assigned one database user whose role is super in Dynamics NAV.
What should be the minimum Database role to be given to the database user at SQL server level, so that database user at max can only view the data from the SQL server.

Expecting an early reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Aniruddha
Thanks & Regards,
Aniruddha

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    regular users, including SUPER users, only need public role on SQL Server. Users that also need to be able to make table changes will need db_owner.
  • Options
    But if we assign a user as public then MS Dynamics-NAV is giving an error of "The combination of User Id and password entered is invalid".
    Thanks & Regards,
    Aniruddha
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    And what about entering the correct credentials?

You might have a typo somewhere.
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    aniruddha_majumdar: What kind of security are you using, Enhanced or Standard? If using Enhanced: Have you syncronized security?

Everyone: Is public enough, if the super user should be able to create new users and syncronize security?
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    thanx Pdj , what I did is that I created the same user as that in SQL server. I have given the required roles in NAV. After that I synchronised the login.

Now its working fine and allowing me to access the required modules without giving access at SQL server level.

Thanking you all once again.

Regards,
    Aniruddha.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Aniruddha