Options

What to do by creating new tables or expanding tables?

DanielDaniel Member Posts: 5
edited 2004-07-12 in Navision e-Commerce
I'm thinking about creating or expanding tables in navision database. For example, I'd like to add a new field 'Has animals' in the table contact or creat a new table 'animal'.

a) In which navision objects have I to implement code, so that I get the static informations in the SQL table and datas in the existing WebPortal.
b) Will it be generated automatically? Of course would be nice ;-).
c) Do I have to add code in the ASP pages?

I already have the hole system (CS 2002, SQL 2000, SP etc.) installed.

Could somebody give me some inputs or are there specific documents to get this informations?

Thanks to all for helping
Dani

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

to your questions:

a) In which navision objects have I to implement code, so that I get the static informations in the SQL table and datas in the existing WebPortal.
    This is done in various objects. You have to modify at least the Synch codeunit. When you want the data send back to navision than it depends on the function.

b) Will it be generated automatically? Of course would be nice .
    No :-(

c) Do I have to add code in the ASP pages?
    That depends on the things you want to do. But in fact yes, because if you wont need the data for displaying or calculating issues you wouldnt synch them ;-)

A good overview could be found in the training materials, but if you have to do the work for a project i would recommend to get in contact with a partner that has enough knowledge in programming portals. Because CP is not as easy as "normal" navision programming.

HTH,

IHateLinux