Options

Has anyone used the maintain relationship for sql 370?

HansSoloHansSolo Member Posts: 15
Hi all,
I'm trying to setup one of the new integration features to Maintain Relationships on the backend because I want to use an entity relationship tool to create ERD diagrams. I'm trying to turn this option on, but I get about 75% complete, then Navision shuts down on me reporting an error. There isnt an error number so I have no idea what is wrong.

Has anyone seen/fixed this? Or does anyone have this feature working or any input on what might be wrong?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) ERD will not have all relations... because conditional relations will not be included!!! (MS SQL is not able to do it)

2) Run relation test on you database... may be there are some values, that are corrupting realtions...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hey Kine,
    thanks for pointing that out. I didnt think of that. So the ERD tool won't work but I still can't get Navision to create the relationships in sql. I ran the database test and everything was fine.

2 more questions.
    1) Has anyone used this function successfully?
    2) Is there another tool that I can use to create ERD Diagrams because one of our prospects is really interested in seeing this?

thanks.
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    What is the error that it does report, without a number?
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Try to use the tool "Visio Data Modeler". You can find it in the download section:

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=152

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    The error that comes up is "Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience..."

Then it goes on with information about sending the error report to Microsoft. I'll check the Visio Data Modeler. I'd still like to get this working though. I'm going to put in a support request to Navision to see if they can help. :roll:
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    We tried to set the 'Maintain Relationships' property once in a v3.6 SQL database, and got the following error:
    The Navision Attain TableRelation properties and SQL Server
    foreign keys have not been synchronized successfully.

The Purchase Header Archive table references a table in the TableRelation
    field property of the 1099 Code field that does not exist.
    As the error indicates, the TableRelation property of the "1099 Code" field of the Purchase Header Archive table contained an invalid TableRelation expression.

We submitted a support request, and got the following response:
    We are aware of this. I believe that there is actually around 18 of these. If you continue with the process you will have to fix each one and start again. I hope to get an update out there in the future.
    We did not pursue the matter any further. I'm not sure if this story is of any help to you -- we were using v3.60 and getting an error message -- you are getting Dr. Watson (and therefore are probably using v3.70). I thought the busted TableRelation property might give you a hint, though.
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    You are not simply getting an error - the program is crashing! Please send the error report by clicking the Send button, and please provoke the crash and send more than once.

Also, click on the dialog where it says something like 'To see what this report contains Click here'. In the next dialog at the top is some information - AppName, AppVer etc up to Offset.

You can send these values to me if you like and I will take a look at this crash dump.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.