Options

Dynamic Menu from Navision.net

elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
Hi,

I found this at Navision.net
Link
Dynamic Menu – for Attain.

This function let you hide or make Application Area menu not selectable.
You use standard permission function for this. Just only add a Menu role in User Setup.

If in Navision 3.70 perhaps a Method for make a similar Dynamic Menu?
Or are other Way to make it?

We don't have all the Modules licensed (who have it ? :wink: )
so wenn a User logs in i would that all the Buttons for Klick Forms who we have not licensed are Invisible, and when me or Admins log in that all the Buttons are Visible, and when a Sales/Vendor logs in that apperas Visible Buttons X,Y,Z.

Before i Implement the example i would ask you if they another way, perhaps if it is possible with Navision Standard Modules so i don't must change my tables/Forms.

EDIT:
I Think it's related with my question of the GLSetup. But i don't find nothing about it in the Dokumentation/Manuals.

I Hope you understand me.
Thanks
(Oo)=*=(oO)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What you describe is standard 3.70 main menu. You must only check "Adapt Main Menu to Permissions" in GL setup (after change, you must re-run main menu). When you have checked this, all menu items are disabled or invisible, if you have no rights to needed objects (DataTables, for example when you don't have permissions for table Customer, you have no acces into Sales & Receivables menu). If you have SUPER rights, all what is in you licence is acessible... etc. :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    What you describe is standard 3.70 main menu. You must only check "Adapt Main Menu to Permissions" in GL setup (after change, you must re-run main menu). When you have checked this, all menu items are disabled or invisible, if you have no rights to needed objects (DataTables, for example when you don't have permissions for table Customer, you have no acces into Sales & Receivables menu). If you have SUPER rights, all what is in you licence is acessible... etc. :wink:

Thanks. But i doesn't find it :? :(

GLSetup = General Ledger Setup
    Where there i find "Adapt Main Menu to Permissions" ?
    I have now changed the language form german to english and didn't find it too.

hmm...
    :(:cry:
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
  • Options
    Field is not accessible on GL setup form in standard DB. When you look into Zoom, you can see it. Insert it into form or change it through Object Designer - Run...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Field is not accessible on GL setup form in standard DB. When you look into Zoom, you can see it. Insert it into form or change it through Object Designer - Run...

Thanks. I found it. Now I'm on the right way, so now i must setup usefuly the User Roles, it doesnt see like so easily . But i know what i must do now.

Thanks for your help :lol:
    http://smiles.elze.ru/themes/beer.gif

EDIT:
    Hmm ....
    Now it did works... Navision puts in the Main Menu only the Points we have licensed. Nice ...

Now follow example:
    I Have a man in the Inventory, and i would that wenn this user logs in he doesn't see the General Ledger Menu and Payments.

Is it possible make this with the standard Navision Modul or must I make a second Main Menu, so i did ask in the start thread? And make a workaround ?
    Thanks.
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
  • Options
    What is visible in left part of main menu is based on permission range in your licence. Which button is enabled in submenu (right part of main menu) is based on user permissions and licence permissions. Look into Codeunit 425 if you can. Whic item is enabled is based on some table permissions. For example Char of Accounts will not be accessible, if user have no read access to G/L Accounts table. In Cu425 you can do some changes to have disabled some item if user have no permission for selected form (now it is based on licence permissions).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.