Options

Oictures in Documents

bhuberbhuber Member Posts: 78
edited 2000-10-19 in Navision Financials
Anyone know if it is posible to place a picture on a document such as a company logo on a sales invoice? If so, how would you do it.

Comments

• Options
    Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
    Yes it's possible.

This is usually how I do it :

1/ Go to the Company Information card and select
    Picture/Import (Select your logo file in the Bitmap format)

2/ On your report drag and drop a PictureBox control on your Sales Invoice Report, set the "SourceExpr" property to
    CompanyInfo.Picture

3/ On the "PreDataItem" Trigger of your report you will need
    to do CompanyInfo.CALCFIELDS(Picture);
    (Just after the CompanyInfo.GET)

tarek_demiati@ureach.com
  • Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    In addition, I would like to mention two points:

1. Make sure you save your picture as RLE compressed bitmap to save space. Not too many graphic programs allow you to do this, but at least PaintShop Pro (see www.jasc.com for free evaluation copies) can do it.

2. Use the capability of Navision to translate "real world size" into picture box size. Real world size is the setting that translates the number of points in the bitmap into centimeters (or inches). When this parameter is set, you can create the picture in the size that is needed to print it in high resolution (i.e. 600 dpi), and still have it fit in the picturebox on screen. Knowing the resolution, Navision can do this size translation.

For your interest, I have developed a Navision solution that can set the resolution parameters for you. It reads any directory you specify (through a standard Windows file dialog), shows all the BMP's present, shows the resolution, allows you to preview the picture (also showing Navision picturebox width and height dimensions for it), and -of course- allows you to set the resolution at 150, 300 or 600 dpi (the usual printer resolutions) for one or more files in one pass. It is in final beta test at a few people now, but if you need it urgently, drop me a mail to send it to you. It will be made available for download on this site soon.

John Tegelaar