Microsoft apologie!

hecaheca Member Posts: 28
edited 2007-11-30 in NAV Three Tier
Microsoft apologie!

Isn’t anybody reacting to the statement where Microsoft declares the delay of the 5.1 version? If you had no idea about the background you could actually think they are proud of this delay.

In high school we used an expression for a revenge that was tenfold or so. We called it “Israeli revenge”. Today I will start give “Microsoft apologies” witch means:
No remorse
I’m still the best
This is actually very good
I will not try to understand what went wrong
I won’t change behaviour.

Comments

• NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    It's arrogance.

And I see all the MVP's defending it.

The point is they could not release the product on time. Period.
    So offcourse the only choice is to delay it. Nobody wants unfinished product.

Navision f'ed up with this release.

About releasing the information in the way they do is the Marketing BS engine that adds a spin to every bad news.
    my 2 cents
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    NavStudent wrote:

Really? :-k
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    NavStudent wrote:
    It's arrogance.

:-s
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    When? :shock:

As I read it most of us are very, very, dissapointed but rather have a stable version.

We might agree with you on some points but try to bring it a little more politically correct.

Also most of us know the people from the dev team personally.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    <edit>actually I should just ignore this one</edit>
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    <sigh> :?

If everyone have a little less hate and a little more tolerance then the world would be a better place.

Instead of spending your time and effort being angry, why not just stop implementing Navision? Life to too short to be angry at something you do not control.
  • hecaheca Member Posts: 28
    Alex Chow wrote:

If everyone have a little less hate and a little more tolerance then the world would be a better place.

Instead of spending your time and effort being angry, why not just stop implementing Navision? Life to too short to be angry at something you do not control.

Ok, so when you get rotten food in your local store, I guess you won't tell the store owner, "life is too short for that" even if you have been a client there for several month. And you happily accept their explanation about an entire new taste.

You and I are just different.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Actually that's a bad analogy.
    Getting rotten food at your local store IS something you can control.
    In fact you can stop going to that store altogether.

It's like getting mad at Ferrari because they haven't come out with an affordable one yet 8) No Control.
  • cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    heca wrote:
    Ok, so when you get rotten food in your local store, I guess you won't tell the store owner, "life is too short for that" even if you have been a client there for several month. And you happily accept their explanation about an entire new taste.

You and I are just different.

Heca you are using a completely wrong analogy.
    First of all if MS would have released 5.1 when it was not ready then you could have called it "rotten food".
    But that is exactly what they tried to prevent.
    Also MS is anything but a local store. There are governments that went against them and lost. So ...
    And further more in a polite and mature conversation you have to realize that people can and do have wildly different views. Best you can do is express your oppinion in a logical manner and hope that the other person will see your point (and in best case scenario maybe accept it).
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
    ... and BTW I am not an MVP

P.S. And Savatage I guess go Giants though by the end of last night's game I fell asleep :D
    Hmm... Should I write a 3rd post explaining why it's a bad analogy? :wink::mrgreen:

Anywho, everyone knows that Microsoft "dropped the ball" on meeting their deadline. There's no use rubbing salt on the wound or playing Monday Morning Quarterback.

Am I disappointed that MSFT postponed their release? Of course. But instead of wasting time whining, use that time to get the job you're hired to do done?

And if you're finished with everything and have nothing to do, ask your boss to give you more work so you can get a promotion and earn more money. Or volunteer your time to mentor a parentless child. Or write insightful BLOGs that motivates people to do greater things.

I can think of many other things to do rather to be pissed off at something I cannot control.

Geez... I've spent too much time on this thread already... :(
    When MS paints such great picture about the delay, somebody has to write a picture of reality.
    my 2 cents
    Alex Chow wrote:

I'm not angry at the software. It's just a little fin.exe that does great stuff.
    It's Ms that confuses and manipulates people with unfinished products. They should just keep it shut till W1 is released for localization. Then they can talk about it all they want. It will take another 6 months till users get it anyway.
    my 2 cents
    DenSter wrote:
    <edit>actually I should just ignore this one</edit>

good choice.
    my 2 cents
    When? :shock:

As I read it most of us are very, very, dissapointed but rather have a stable version.

First time I am reading this.
    my 2 cents
  • headley27headley27 Member Posts: 235
    Savatage wrote:
    It's like getting mad at Ferrari because they haven't come out with an affordable one yet 8) No Control.

I like that one. Bravo.
    headley27 wrote:
    Savatage wrote:

I like that one. Bravo.

It's more like Ferrari telling you for a year that you'll get 07 model, and you should buy the 06 as well because those features will be just like 07. And then tell you a couple months before the release, that they won't release the 07 model.
    my 2 cents
  • headley27headley27 Member Posts: 235
    NavStudent wrote:
    It's more like Ferrari telling you for a year that you'll get 07 model, and you should buy the 06 as well because those features will be just like 07. And then tell you a couple months before the release, that they won't release the 07 model.

I still like Savatage's quip. :wink:
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Wait ... Wait ... Wait and Wait till the eternity ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

5.0 not released in India and they promised that 5.1 Indian localized version will be released with 5.1 or within short span after the release.

Partners/Clients/developers are waiting and now the delay.
    The issue is not delay but the premature propoganda that hurts.
    [-o< for release.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    NavStudent wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

I'm not angry at the software. It's just a little fin.exe that does great stuff.
    It's Ms that confuses and manipulates people with unfinished products. They should just keep it shut till W1 is released for localization. Then they can talk about it all they want. It will take another 6 months till users get it anyway.

I don't agree. I want to know way before a major change. Why: because several product investments are depending on it. New skills have to be acquired or educated, etc.
    Nice to know is that years ago Navision did not give much info on the product release plan. Now they inform us way before, and we are still not happy.
    I think I am the most dissapointed of you all, but we have to be realistic. Nobody will release timeschedules knowing they are not going to make them. I believe the best intentions were and are there.

As to the messaging: 1. MS is American (do I need to say more). 2. What if microsoft gave us a dissappointing, angry message. What would we communicate? They have to be positive, what would you do?
    How about what the title of this thread?
    How about give us real reasons.
    How about tells us what issues they haven't resolved.

If you worked on a project and you've told your customer. That you'll give them the modification in 3 weeks, and 3 weeks later. You send an email to them and say, "yeah you won't get for another 3 weeks".
    3 weeks pass by and then you send another email and you write, "You won't get for another 6 weeks". Do you think the customer will just say ok and wait another 6 weeks?
    my 2 cents
    NavStudent seriously get over yourself. ](*,)
    Your relationship with your customer is nothing like your relationship with MS.
    Though there is a similarity: your customer has a choice of changing provider and you do too. You hate MS and their strategy go find someone that is closer to what you expect.
    If not then move on ...
    I don't hate MS. I know what kind of relationship MS has with its partner.
    Somebody has to scrutinize their mistakes. And I've moved on.

I even wrote in another thread, that it would not be released at all.
    my 2 cents
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    I am sure Everyone has had the experiance within a resller of ANY product where a salesman promises more in a shorter time then is actually feasible,

Microsofts delay is perhaps no more different then what have happened on any project any consyltant or project worker has been assigned too, True i can imagine Dilbert working on V6 release but i can also see the pointy haired boss running marketing somewhere,

I just feel that if MS can do it i shouldn't feel bad when someone in my company does it as well, Its just corporate reality,

Peace Lotus blossom
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    NavStudent wrote:
    It's arrogance.

The point is they could not release the product on time. Period.
    So offcourse the only choice is to delay it. Nobody wants unfinished product.

Navision f'ed up with this release.

About releasing the information in the way they do is the Marketing BS engine that adds a spin to every bad news.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT.

When you say "ALL MVPs", you include me. I have no clue what you are talking about, but then as with every post you ever make, I am pretty sure you have absolutely no clue your self what you are talking about. I think its about time that you shut your mouth until you determine that its time to start apologizing.
    [/u]
    David Singleton
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    NavClearlyStudent,

Apparently you cannot read between the lines, so I will say it to the point.
    YES, I'm disappointend in the delay.
    YES, I find it the right decision.
    NO, I'm never talking on behalve of MVP's, only on behalve of myself.
    YES, I feel persionally attacked by your statement.

There is not something like "all MVP's" ... we still have our own opinion (and very often, mine is not the same as the others :mrgreen:).

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    My gosh. Did I hurt your feeling? I apologize for hurting your feeling.
    I'll change my statement to some MVP.

Hope that makes you feel better.

:whistle:
    my 2 cents
    Alex Chow wrote:
    my 2 cents

Can I refund you the 2 cents? :mrgreen:

lol.

I sense some people don't want me around here.
    Again I said SOME. I Don't want to hurt people feeling again.
    :mrgreen:
    my 2 cents
    NavStudent wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:
    my 2 cents

Can I refund you the 2 cents? :mrgreen:

lol.

I sense some people don't want me around here.
    Again I said SOME. I Don't want to hurt people feeling again.
    :mrgreen:

Naaa... You're cool, at least, in my book. Without you to stir sh*t up, this forum can be very one dimensional.

I actually enjoy reading posts from you, Miklos, and BlackTiger. It's nice for people to be passionate on what they do. Although we may disagree, it doesn't mean there's disrespect.