Options

form doesnt recognise Control#

David_FerreiraDavid_Ferreira Member Posts: 6
edited 2000-10-09 in Navision Financials
What the hell?

I've gotten a pretty simple form running, half feeding of a table, half being calculated, and I have an unbound label that I just use to make visible or invisible(to display a message on each case)
for some reason, it worked fine before, and now, though there are no compile errors, I always get the message "Form does not recognise control 14"(the name of the label before I changed it to a custom unreserved name...)

what could possibly be causing this? very frustrating since I know that everything would run perfect if i could only get rid of this error...
any gurus out there know about this?
thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    BobBrownBobBrown Member Posts: 17
    That message usually comes from a control that has a <NextControl> property that refers to another control that has been deleted. You must have deleted control 14 and there still is an existing control that has NextControl=14.
  • Options
    anolisanolis Member Posts: 16
    When you call the control on the OnInit()
    trigger you will get this error...did you do that? if you did, move it to OnOpenForm()

• Options
    mfabianmfabian Member Posts: 187
    This is more a general hint: If you have problems like this I recommend you export the object in question as textfile. Start your text-editor ans simply search for the control in question. You would search for "Control 14", "Control14" or "NextControl=" in this particular case.

Marcus Fabian
    m.fabian@thenet.ch
    +41 79 439 78 72
    With best regards from Switzerland

Marcus Fabian
  • Options
    David_FerreiraDavid_Ferreira Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for all your help guys,
    I figured it out, Its all fixed and working now.