Options

G/L Account relate to interim

johnson_alonsojohnson_alonso Member Posts: 690
edited 2006-02-24 in Navision Financials
Dear all,
I need your help to solve my problem relate to term "interim" in G/L. My question is when it will be used by the system ? I find it in the inventory posting set up either in finished or raw material.

rgds,
Johnson "Christiansen" Alonso

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    well let say that you use the raw material to build this car. Where can you specify that you've been using the raw material? You can't say that they are still raw material. So as you use raw material you would use the interim account.
    That's a developer explanation of accounting. :lol:
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I only use the raw material when I post the consumption, buy from vendors and transfer the item. but if I post the raw material from a PO, the G/L entry only in raw material but not interim.
    so, I need to know when it will exist in the G/L entry, when I used facility "Navigate"
    [-X
    [-X
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    When you post the consumption entry, it decreases raw material account and increases Interim account. When you create ouput entry, it decreases interim account and increases the finished good account.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I think I have found the solution of my question from page. 63 in manufacturing costing manual book and very understand about its explanation after make some exercises. The clear view of G/L account interim use is in the production order of an item before invoiced and after invoiced and see it by using item card of manufactured item --> item ledger entries --> click navigate --> select and view G/L Entry. So there, G/L account interim will be positive after production journal is posted and negative after production order is changed to finish. Output and consumption is related in the G/L acount interim. Tks a lot for all of you for your attention.

rgds,
    Johnson Alonso
    [/code]
  • Options
    veerabhadraveerabhadra Member Posts: 10
    Hi

If you activate “Expected Cost Posting” option in Inventory set-up, Navision posts the cost of material received but not invoiced and the value of goods shipped but not invoiced to Interim G/L accounts when you execute Inventory batch job, and the same will be reversed when the corresponding purchase & sales orders were invoiced.
    Veeru