Options

trick to send multiple attachments with mail codeunit

RuleRule Member Posts: 34
edited 2006-02-07 in NAV Tips & Tricks
I have found a trick to send multiple attachments with the standard mail codeunit (397). The only thing you need to do is to create and send a new message to a non existing mailaccount and attach the first attachment.
You can repeat this step to add more attachments. Then you create a final mail to the right mailaccount and with the final attachment. Navision will only send the final mail but with all the attachments.

Strange but it works.

testMail.NewMessage('@yahoo.com','','TESTfgfhfghjg','HALIHALO','D:\Serie.csv',FALSE);

testMail.NewMessage('@yahoo.com,'','TESTaaaaaaaaa','HALIHALO','D:\Serie2.csv',FALSE);
testMail.NewMessage('@yahoo.com,'','TESTbbbbbbbbbb','HALIHALO','D:\Serie3.csv',FALSE);
testMail.NewMessage('@yahoo.com','','TESTcccccccc','HALIHALO','D:\Serie4.csv',FALSE);

testMail.Send;
testMail.NewMessage('RA@yahoo.com','','TEST','HALIHALO','D:\Final.csv',FALSE);
testMail.Send;
Realisations are only limited by the borders of imagination

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision Tips & Tricks forum]

BTW : with which version of Navision did you do this trick? It is possible it doesn't work with all versions.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    isilisil Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have developed a NewMessageMultipleAttachment function by copying NewMessage.
    And, I have called multiple times AttachFile(AttachFilename); .
    Result of this, All my pdf files are coming in my outlook client as attached.