NAS & Reports & Margins in Navision 3.70

RobySpainRobySpain Member Posts: 57
Hi,

I have a problem using NAS and reports. I try to explain my scenary. I use NAS to call a sales shipment report. When I print the report inside of Navision directly, the margin is OK (i.e. BottonMargin=200 in the report properties) and the results are ok.
My problem is when I use the NAS. I call the same report from outside of Navision thought NAS. The report is printed, but the margin is different, more or less 2000. The printer is the same in both cases.

Could you help me? Please
](*,)

Thanks for your help.

Roberto

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Is it possible the margin is also saved in the zup?
    You can change it with the client when you run the report (File=>page Setup) and these are saved in the zup-file.
    To fix it, you should put the margins in the report.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• RobySpainRobySpain Member Posts: 57
    Thanks but,

where can I put the margin in the report? I put the margin in the report properties, but I don't know if it is possible to put this properties in c/side.

and the matter is, where is the zup file? I use one PC to call the NAS, but the NAS is installed in a Server.

Thanks again,

Roberto
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    RobySpain wrote:
    where can I put the margin in the report? I put the margin in the report properties, but I don't know if it is possible to put this properties in c/side.
    It is in the report properties, but it is not possible to set the properties by C/AL-code.
    RobySpain wrote:
    and the matter is, where is the zup file? I use one PC to call the NAS, but the NAS is installed in a Server.
    In general, the zup's are saved in:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Application Data".
    But I can't remember if the NAS has a zup-file. I don't think so, because he doesn't have forms to run.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can try to login on the NAS server, with the same useraccount as the NAS service is running. Run the report manually from Navision and set the proper margins. This way, the settings are stored on that server, and hopefully the NAS will also use these settings when the report is printed through the NAS.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • leegeorge_hughesleegeorge_hughes Member Posts: 2
    I had exactly the same problem as you - after consultation with MBS they confirmed that this is an bug with the 3.70 exe files - it has been fixed in version 4 :D
  • lalailalai Member Posts: 9
    This is a known issue in the 3.70 NAS.

Microsoft has a fix for this issue, but the .exe files has not been public released. You can request them by issuing a support request on PartnerSoure.
    Hi

Luc say:
    You can try to login on the NAS server, with the same useraccount as the NAS service is running. Run the report manually from Navision and set the proper margins. This way, the settings are stored on that server

I used this method to discover the zup, but not was helpful.

Thanks to Lalai and Leegeorge, I think the problem is a bug from MBS. I will request it.

Thanks
    Thanks to Lalai,

I used the update files from NAS and it is working fine.

Thanks,

Roberto
  • RickDDMSRickDDMS Member Posts: 11
    if your using SQL and NAS
    FYI
    We've had problems with NAS and SQL in 3.70 for over a year now, and MS have offically said it has that NAS has fundamental design issues, bugs and flaws in it (which they've known about for nearly 3 yrs but not enough people have moaned about it for them to fix it!).
  • CenTCenT Member Posts: 12
    How do you actually print a report through NAS?

just call a single instance codeunit and use:

REPORT.RUNMODAL(<reportnumber>, FALSE, TRUE, <record>);

or not?
  • CenTCenT Member Posts: 12
    Ok I got it working, just needed to make sure the printers were known to the user running the NAS.
  • twc-infotwc-info Member Posts: 4
    Is it possible you to send me the fix of NAS 3.70? I'm a customer and doesn't have an access to partnersource.
    Thank you.