Shortcut in Navigation Pane to open an Directory

WinfriedBarzWinfriedBarz Member Posts: 38
In Navision Online Help I found the description to make an shortcut in the Navigation Pane to an Directory on the Harddisk. If I klick on the shortcut, I receive an Error C/SIDE hyperlinking failed.

Can somebody help me?
Best Regards
Winfried Barz

Comments

• WinfriedBarzWinfriedBarz Member Posts: 38
    Thank you for your answer. I checked the registry entries and they are ok. The problem is, that I can oben an file with an shortcut in the Navigation Pane, but if I try to open an folder (directory) I receive an error. The Navision Help say that it must go.
    Best Regards
    Winfried Barz
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you could create a codeunit that would launch the folder and display the directory.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • matthias2912matthias2912 Member Posts: 9
    Hello everybody,

does anybody know what kind of port the navision protocol use?
    Is it just the port 80 for TCP/IP or is it a special protocol with a special port?

Might be useful for web access scenarios...
    Matthias
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    For web access, you probably mean you want people to connect from outside of the network. I would not recomment to directly connect from outside of the network. I would use terminal services or citrix.
    If you want to know the port, the default is Port 2407, but can be changed to others.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Hello ara3n,

we want to deploy our Navision in the web.
    And you say that the default port is 2407 and of course we consider to use a VPN with a remote desktop connection. Citrix is also possible, but I don´t know Citrix that good.

In our scenario a webserver should access Navision and the webserver is accessed by the clients outside our network. For that we want to use VPN or citrix. I just wanted to be sure what port you have to open to make a connection from the webserver (perhaps in a DMZ or sreened subnet) to the navision server.

Thank you for your support!
    Matthias
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    the default port number is the port number for the Navision database server, has nothing to do with web access. Remote access for Navisoin should go through TS or Citrix. If you don't know those products, you should get educated. There is no standard web access client for Navision.
    Hello DenSter,

you are right. This is just the port number for the database access.
    And there is no other opportunity to realise the web access, except
    1. a remote desktop access or
    2. a terminal acces or
    3. a citrix server access?

Then an easy SSL access with port 443 is not possible.
    I mean a SSL access with the web browser and the finhlink.exe uses this port 443. Or is there any possibility?
    Matthias
  • Manu_G.Manu_G. Member Posts: 4
    In Navision Online Help I found the description to make an shortcut in the Navigation Pane to an Directory on the Harddisk. If I klick on the shortcut, I receive an Error C/SIDE hyperlinking failed.

Can somebody help me?

Try this:

Run regedit and find the key:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open\command]

Remove the double backslash so that there is only single backslash in the
    path to finhlink.exe

Desktop shortcuts and email links should work again. If you use group policies you could then roll this change out to all machines. Otherwise just create a .reg file that people load into their machines.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision]
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\\finhlink.exe "%1""

after the change

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision]
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\navision\shell\open]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\\Client\finhlink.exe "%1""

regards