Options

Using period calculation in the recurring frequency field

welfordmwelfordm Member Posts: 9
edited 2006-01-27 in Navision Financials
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the recurring frequency in the recurring journal to be a period in length (1P does not work) rather than day, week, month, quarter or year
Matthew Welford

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    What is a period?

Anyway, check the Navision help (=F1) and search for dateformula. I checked but I didn't find anything that could be a period.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Thanks for your answer Kriki, here is a little more information to find a solution:

A period is set up in the Accounting Period table and is commonly available for filtering. For special periods i.e. not a calendar month it is the the last one of the trendscape buttons in account schedule overview or in any date filter field (enter p-1 to get the previous period)

I have checked the development environment and know that period is not an option - I was just wondering if there is an alternative entry to the recurring frequency field to achieve the same result as 1D+1M-1M but for periods in order to get the posting date to land on the last day of the next period
    Matthew Welford
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, there is not such a functionality, you need to create it. Or you can use functions in CU1 which are doing the P-1 etc. work in Date filters... (You can pass the P+1 string and you will get the date filter...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion; this solution is into the code more than I am prepared to go. I feared it would require development. It's a shame that Navision never included this in the original software.
    Matthew Welford