Options

Vorsprung payroll

Lisa_RandallLisa_Randall Member Posts: 44
edited 2006-02-28 in Navision Financials
Hello, Can anyone out there tell me what the latest version of Vorsprung payroll is?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Paul_BradburyPaul_Bradbury Member Posts: 15
    I'm pretty sure it's VIP 4.00.01 (VIP 4.00 SP 1).
  • Options
    Thanks Paul!
  • Options
    Hi,

I dont know if you would happen to know what the new functionality is in this version - and are there any tax implications of running on an older version.

Apologies i am new to this module so just finding my feet !

Lisa
  • Options
    Paul_BradburyPaul_Bradbury Member Posts: 15
    Not sure what the new functionality is - I have the release notes somewhere, I will try to dig them out. However, you should be able to get the details from your solution centre or from Vorsprung at www.vorsprung.co.uk.

There shouldn't be any problems regarding tax calculations as long as you have kept up-to-date with the service packs released for your version, and maintained the government legislation parameters (tax limits etc). Your solution centre should be able to tell you which service packs have been released for your version.
  • Options
    Thanks Paul, if you could find any other information that would be great !
  • Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello

Having spent a bit of time doing Payroll upgrades through 2005, I believe the following are probably the most important improvements/changes to tax and regulation in VIP4.00.

1.) Directors IN has been introduced.
    2.) Improved Internet Filing.
    3.) SMP and treatment of pay rises during maternity leave has changed. (Regulations coming into force 06/04/06).

Sp1 fixes a few problems. If you still need the release notices, please let me know & I will try to send them to you.

Vorsprung ended official support for VIP3.XX as of the end of last year. We have one client who is still running 3.XX, as they have been in the process of upgrading their core Navision system in the last few months (A US reseller looks after the core system) and we will do the Payroll update when this is complete before April.

It is worth getting a copy of the VIP4.00 manual from the Vorsprung website. If you are a partner, you should be able to log on and download it in PDF format. If you are a customer, your reseller should be able to download a copy for you.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    Thanks Edward !