Options

Backup and Restore Process

mickukmickuk Member Posts: 47
edited 2006-01-26 in Navision Financials
Does anyone know what the Navision backup and restore process is when creating an FBK file? What i mean is how is the data arranged within the FBK file. I know when you restore a backup it appears to be quite a speedy process until Navision gets to creating the indexes.

I'm just curious as we have often had problems when restoring our backups with the error message "error 1355 in module 19". However when you look at what has been restored all of the system objects appear within the object designer.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    "error 1355 in module 19" happens when it takes too much time to create the indexes of a table in Navision. I have it with a customer in 3.01.
    The trick I use is that when I have the error, I check which table has a lot of records (or you can see while restoring in which table Navision is when the error occurs). I disable the secondary indexes, and continue the restore process. In this table, the error won't occur anymore.
    After Navision has recreated all the indexes, I go to that table and I enable the secondary indexes 1 by 1.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So what you could do is enter a keygroup in some of your keys, and right before you create a backup, you disable the keygroup, and when the backup is done you enable it again. When you restore the backup it doesn't have to create all the keys and it will finish more quickly, and you can enable all those keys in one command.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    DenSter wrote:
    So what you could do is enter a keygroup in some of your keys, and right before you create a backup, you disable the keygroup, and when the backup is done you enable it again. When you restore the backup it doesn't have to create all the keys and it will finish more quickly, and you can enable all those keys in one command.
    It is not sure it works. I tried enabling all secondaru keys in one go, but it gave the same error, then I enabled them 1 by 1 and got no errors.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    mickukmickuk Member Posts: 47
    Thanks for your comments guys. Ill give it a try and see what happens